In this episode, Whitney interviews Dave Childers, CEO, Residential Investment Advisors. Dave reveals the various Tips and Tricks that have allowed him to multiply his syndication business manifold over the years. You will learn about his methodology for scouting real estate deals to zero in on the best one. Dave also shares his struggle in dealing with investors who trust him with their life’s savings – and expect quick profits in return. What has been a negative fallout of the currently favorable market conditions? And, what is one mistake that Dave made on his last deal? Tune in and learn for some of the best names in the industry!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:26] – Whitney introduces Dave to listeners
- [00:47] – How did Dave manage to enter the real estate business?
- [02:08] – Why does Dave prefer to focus on multifamily investments only?
- [03:21] – What is the hardest part about being a real estate syndicator?
- [05:05] – Dave has billionaires as well middle class folks investing their money in his projects
- [07:11] – Difficult for a syndicator to deal with folks who expect quick returns
- [08:30] – Why real estate syndication is preferred over other investment avenues?
- [09:33] – Dave’s methodology for scouting deals and zeroing in on the best one
- [10:27] – What is the single most important thing that is contributing greatly Dave’s business?
- [11:53] – Is a structured daily routine necessary for syndicators?
- [13:18] – Dave shares what he discusses in his very first conversation with brokers
- [14:00] – Discussing how current favorable conditions have led to an influx of inexperienced syndicators who are prone to misstating their experience
- [16:01] – How to scout out good and honest real estate brokers
- [17:49] – Factors that Justin considers when evaluating a new property
- [18:56] – What is one mistake that Dave made on his last deal?
- [20:03] – How do you ensure that you are underwriting property correctly? We discuss the importance of factoring in worst case scenarios
- [21:47] – Top reasons that syndicators fail
- [22:39] – A real estate syndicator needs to be in the know of the minutest of details
- [22:41] – Tips and Tricks for negotiating with property managers
- [25:28] – Justin share his contact information
- [26:09] – Review and subscribe to the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [26:19] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The art of scouting real estate deals to zero in on the best one
- How to find good and honest real estate brokers
- Why a syndicator needs to be on his toes constantly – and be intimately aware of the minutest of things