In this episode, Whitney interviews Holly Williams, founder, MQ ventures. Holy reveals how conservative underwriting is the key to building a long term and stable real estate portfolio. Why does Holly think that investing in Class B properties is such a value proposition? Should investors be willing to take on additional risk and buy an undeveloped plot of land? There is a conception that real estate investing is for those with deep pockets – is this true? Tune in to find out.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:34 – Whitney introduces Holly to listeners
- 01:29 – Why did Holly transition to real estate syndication?
- 04:17 – Reasons why Holly prefers real estate syndication over fixing and flipping properties
- 04:33 – Why does Holly stick to Class B properties? Learn how Holy manages to arrive at a win-win situation for tenants as well as investors
- 06:27 – Holly simplifies the structure and workflow of real estate syndication for listeners
- 07:16 – Do you need a huge net worth in order to become a real estate syndicator?
- 08:30 – What are the tax benefits of real estate syndication?
- 09:19 – Can you invest your IRA funds in real estate syndication?
- 10:05 – How to connect with real estate investors who are willing to invest for the long term
- 11:56 – How do you find and associate with a stable real estate sponsor?
- 12:13 – Holly explains why investing in Class B properties is a stable proposition – particularly in a recessionary environment
- 13:10 – The importance of conservative underwriting and factoring in the worst case scenario
- 13:48 – Why does Holly prefer longer loan terms?
- 14:58 – Risk vs. Returns – Is it worthwhile to take on risky propositions
- 16:39 – A crucial quality for becoming a successful syndicator
- 18:15 – What is the #1 reason that syndicators fail?
- 19:52 – How is #1 way via which Holly is improving her business?
- 22:23 – Holly shares her contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:16″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why investing in Class B properties can be an attractive proposition in a recessionary environment
- How investing in real estate can result in huge tax savings
- How conservative underwriting is critical for building a stable and long-term syndication business