In this episode, Whitney interviews Eddie Lorin, founder, Impact Housing REIT and Strategic Realty Holdings. Eddie shares how investing in affordable housing can prove to be a great value proposition for real estate investors. Can you really benefit from investing in affordable housing for the homeless? What is the typical holding period for a real estate syndicator? Eddie also reveals how he has managed to build up a well-qualified and motivated team over the years. Tune in to this very special show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Whitney introduces Eddie to listeners
- [01:10] – How did Eddie transition to real estate syndication?
- [02:22] – Benefit of real estate investing
- [03:13] – Eddie’s sole focus is value added affordable housing
- [03:48] – What is impact investing?
- [04:17] – Learn how Eddie managed to procure tax abatement in exchange for providing shelter to the homeless
- [05:22] – How does Eddie scout our properties with hidden and unlocked value?
- [05:59] – Upgrading amenities can help unlock value in a property
- [06:55] – How long does Eddie typically hold a property?
- [08:26] – How can an inexperienced syndicator venture into the syndication business
- [10:37] – The importance of collaborating with the right partner
- [11:57] – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Eddie’s success?
- [12:20] – Why do you most syndicators fail?
- [12:31] – Common mistakes that syndicators make
- [12:51] – How to build a great team and keep them motivated
- [14:01] – Eddie shares his contact information
- [14:35] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why impact investing makes great commercial sense
- Factors that determine the length of your holding in real estate investing
- The importance of collaborating with the right partners