In this episode, Whitney interviews Eddie Lorin, founder, Impact Housing REIT and Strategic Realty Holdings. Eddie shares how investing in affordable housing can prove to be a great value proposition for real estate investors. Can you really benefit from investing in affordable housing for the homeless? What is the typical holding period for a real estate syndicator? Eddie also reveals how he has managed to build up a well-qualified and motivated team over the years. Tune in to this very special show.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Whitney introduces Eddie to listeners
- 01:10 – How did Eddie transition to real estate syndication?
- 02:22 – Benefit of real estate investing
- 03:13 – Eddie’s sole focus is value added affordable housing
- 03:48 – What is impact investing?
- 04:17 – Learn how Eddie managed to procure tax abatement in exchange for providing shelter to the homeless
- 05:22 – How does Eddie scout our properties with hidden and unlocked value?
- 05:59 – Upgrading amenities can help unlock value in a property
- 06:55 – How long does Eddie typically hold a property?
- 08:26 – How can an inexperienced syndicator venture into the syndication business
- 10:37 – The importance of collaborating with the right partner
- 11:57 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Eddie’s success?
- 12:20 – Why do you most syndicators fail?
- 12:31 – Common mistakes that syndicators make
- 12:51 – How to build a great team and keep them motivated
- 14:01 – Eddie shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”14:35″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why impact investing makes great commercial sense
- Factors that determine the length of your holding in real estate investing
- The importance of collaborating with the right partners