In this episode, Whitney interviews Mark Dolfini, speaker and founder of the Landlord Coach LLC. Mark reveals why clear vision, adequate infrastructure and a streamlined process are necessary for setting up a stable syndication business. Mark started out as a U.S. Marine before dabbling in accounting, banking and credit analysis before finally transitioning to real estate syndication. What lesson did Mark learn once he scaled up too quickly? What are some effective tools and resources that will help you enjoy a good work-life balance? Whether you are about to start your syndication business or already own one, this show has some great tips on how to better manage your business. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] – Whitney introduces Mark to listeners
- [01:13] – How did Mark transition to real estate investing?
- [03:08] – What led Mark to purchasing 50 acres in the middle of nowhere at the age of 22?
- [04:23] – Why scaling up to 92 units made Mark’s business too complex and too difficult to manage
- [07:16] – Important to maintain clear channels of communication in order to efficiently manage a syndication business
- [08:10] – Outsourcing tasks instead of spreading yourself too thin will allow you to achieve a good work-life balance
- [10:41] – Have a clear long term vision and create supporting infrastructure
- [11:45] – A well thought of process will allow you to operate smoothly
- [13:41] – One question that syndicators should ask themselves before embarking on their entrepreneurial journey
- [18:19] – Why real estate syndicators should consider hiring a VA
- [21:23] – Is security an issue when hiring a VA?
- [22:30] – How can BNI help you network and grow your business?
- 23:16 – Get in touch with Mark via Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram
- 23:52 – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to overcome the challenges and complexities of scaling up your syndication business
- The importance of clear vision, adequate infrastructure and structured processes in real estate syndication
- Tools and Resources for achieving a good work-life balance