Salvatore Buscemi, Managing Partner, Dandrew Partners LLC shares some creative capital raising tips that will help you get investors on board for your real estate projects.
How did Salvatore raise $5 million by networking with accountants? Why does Salvatore think that raising money for folks dealing in medical marijuana is a good idea? You will also learn how to structure your messaging and communication for greatest effectiveness. Other topics covered include prepping promotional material, advertising projected returns and maintaining an open line of communication after closing a deal.
Tune in for some great insights!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Salvatore to listeners
- 00:50 – Salvatore started off as an investment banker at Goldman Sachs
- 01:48 – How Salvatore’s company raises $30 million for Dandrew Strategies LLC
- 02:25 – Salvatore shares how his organization acquired a commercial mortgage servicer for $1 and then recapitalized it for $15 M
- 03:02 – Salvatore transition into the venture capital space
- 05:05 – Learn the nuances of raising capital at the “Capital Formation Intensive” in Las Vegas, March 28 – 29
- 05:57 – What was Salvatore modus operandi when he first started raising capital?
- 06:44 – Salvatore’s reveals how he was able to raise $5 Million by networking with accountants handling 401 K’s
- 10:11 – Ingenious Capital Raising Tips and Tricks for real estate investors
- 12:08 – How to structure your messaging to properly indoctrinate your investors
- 13:42 – How to structure your LinkedIn profile for maximum effectiveness
- 14:40 – Expert Tips for curating content for investors
- 15:16 – Importance of keeping your communications succinct
- 16:56 – Salvatore reveals how he used a drone video for greater impact and engagement
- 19:45 – Should you advertise projected returns in your promotional material?
- 20:44 – How to use “Scarcity” to meet your end goals
- 24:06 – Tips and Tricks for following up with investors
- 24:45 – Some great resources for speeding up the documentation process
- 27:28 – Should you be handling your own accounting?
- 29:22 – How to properly express your appreciation to investors
- 33:04 – Is it a good idea to send out personalized letters to your investors?
- 34:36 – Does a professional attire help you when pitching a deal to investors?
- 37:02 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Salvatore’s success
- 39:20 – Salvatore’s conference gives you a chance to learn from experienced and successful investors
- 40:45 – Sal shares some great resources guaranteed to give you the competitive edge
- 41:34 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”41:48″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Ingenious Capital Raising Tips and Tricks
- How to properly structure your communication with investors
- Tools and Resources for Real Estate Education
- Capital Formation Intensive March 28-29, 2019
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Dandrew Partners LLC
- The Real Deal
- Zero Hedge