Carlos Gutierrez, Founder, CG4 Properties LLC shares comprehensive workflow for property rehab which will drive up rents and occupancy – thus resulting in greater value add.
How do you deal with less motivated sellers who are not in a hurry to sell their property? Are you better off investing in poorly managed properties? You will also learn how different tools and systems will allow you to manage complex real estate transactions with ease. Tune in for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors! http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Carlos to listeners
- [01:26] – How did Carlos venture into real estate investing?
- [01:38] – Spotting an entrepreneurial opportunity after the financial meltdown, Carlos starts fixing and flipping properties
- [03:26] – Why does Carlos prefer syndication over fixing and flipping properties?
- [04:50] – Carols shares how he acquired 20 units in South Carolina, and increased rents and occupancy after rehab
- [07:07] – Is it challenging to avail financing on a property with low occupancy?
- [09:15] – Was it difficult for Carolos to finance rehab entirely from cash-flow?
- [10:46] – A patient approach was helped Carlos convince a difficult seller
- [13:28] – Carlos reveals that currently the property is on auto-pilot, and generating a handsome ROI
- [14:22] – Which CRM does Carlos use to manage his project?
- [15:10] – Get your tax queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- [16:41] – Do investors insist on staying on the deal for the entire term?
- [18:08] – What kind of returns is Carlos able to generate for his investors?
- [20:17] – Carlos has some great advice for inexperienced investors
- [21:40] – What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Carlos?
- [22:28] – Importance of investing in systems and processes to improve your business
- [23:38] – Carlos recommends some great tools for real estate investors
- [24:49] – What is the ONE thing that has contributed to Carlo’s success?
- [25:39] – Is it wise to quit your corporate job for pursuing real estate investing?
- [26:56] – Carlos shares his contact information
- [27:33] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [27:52] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to drive up rents and occupancy by financing rehab from existing cash flow
- Tools and Resources for managing your real estate investments
- Typical returns that passive investors can earn