Is partnering with an experienced syndicator the best way to learn the ropes of the business? What are some effective ways of dealing with investor’s queries and assuaging their concerns? You will also learn the importance of being forthright with your investors about the many risks involved in real estate investing. Tune in for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsors: Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces David to listeners
- [01:25] – How did David transition to real estate investing from the corporate world?
- [03:04] – David attempts to learn the ropes of the business by helping out with an $8 million raise for a 320 unit apartment
- [03:58] – Asset classes that investors can consider right now
- [06:00] – How partnering with an experienced syndicator can help you gain the necessary traction
- [07:24] – David ends up working in an insurance company right after college
- [10:20] – What are some common mistakes that real estate investors tend to make?
- [10:46] – Does portraying yourself as a thought leader in the real estate space help you and your business?
- [14:12] – Is apartments the best way to foray into real estate investing?
- [15:54] – Apartments vs. single family homes – which is a safer investment?
- 17:20 – Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February
- [18:26] – How to deal with investor queries and assuage their concerns
- [21:27] – Importance of being clear and forthright about your fees
- [23:20] – Is real estate investing completely risk-free?
- [24:17] – How to find investors for your real estate investing business
- [28:23] – What has been the most challenging part of the syndication business for David?
- [32:25] – David reveals how using an investor portal has resulted in an improved customer experience
- [36:09] – David shares his contact information
- [37:07] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- 37:18 – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to learn the ropes of the business from experienced syndicators
- How to deal with investors and assuage their concerns
- Analyzing the many risks in real estate investing