Ivan Barratt, CEO & Founder, Barratt Asset Management shares how a combination of persistence and strategic thinking can help you overcome challenges and meet your investing goals.
This show starts off with Ivan sharing how he went from being a real estate agent to owning his own asset management firm. What hardships did Ivan face in the initial phases of his business? And, how did he overcome them? Hearing Ivan recount his experiences is a reminder that you cannot find success as a real estate investor without a good work ethic.
Next, you will learn some great Tips & Tricks for raising capital to fund your real estate projects. You will learn how transparency and common courtesies can help you build and regain trust with investors. Towards the end, we share some excellent resources that will help you hone your sales skills.
Tune in to our latest show now!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:00] – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- [02:12] – Whitney introduces Ivan to listeners
- [03:02] – Ivan shares his background information
- [04:01] – Ivan starts working for a real estate developer
- [04:36] – How did Ivan end up starting his own property management company?
- [05:56] – Ivan reveals how his property management business eventually evolved into an asset management business
- [07:32] – Ivan starts selling real estate to keep his business afloat
- [09:02] – The BRRRR method for real estate investing
- [09:31] – Ivan shares some interesting details about his first few deals
- [10:42] – Ivan’s advice for folks who are transitioning to the syndication business
- [12:15] – A good work ethic is crucial for finding success in real estate investing
- [13:34] – Expert Tips for raising capital in real estate
- [14:40] – Can referrals help you generate significant amounts of capital?
- [16:15] – Who are some of the BEST sales coaches today?
- [17:46] – How to get investors on-board and regain trust
- [20:13] – How streamlined systems are critical for managing a syndication business
- [21:14] – Ivan gives us a “peek” into his business strategy
- [23:30] – What has been the hardest part of the syndication business for Ivan?
- [24:50] – What are some of the things that have contributed to Ivan’s success?
- [25:45] – How does Ivan communicate with his team members?
- [26:15] – Ivan shares some interesting details about his forthcoming $50 million fund real estate fund
- [26:50] – Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic asset management firm? Ivan is currently looking for talented players to add to his team
- [27:26] – How does Ivan give back to society?
- [28:05] – Ivan shares his contact information
- [28:38] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [28:40] – Join our Facebook group to connect with like-minded individuals and real estate experts!
- [28:52] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to set up and manage your own syndication business
- How to communicate with prospective investors and gain their trust
- Expert Tips for raising capital in real estate