Shaughn Daugherty, Vice President, Integro Insurance Brokers shares how real estate investors can buy the right insurance policy that will provide adequate coverage and mitigate risk – thus protecting their investments.
How do you vet and select a reliable insurance agency? And, what are some little-known and important considerations that you should watch out for while purchasing an insurance policy? Can you insure your real estate investments against natural calamities?
Shaughn also reveals the standard per-unit insurance cost in a real estate syndication. You will also learn about the different liabilities that you can be insured against. This show will be particularly interesting to those who have already purchased (or are planning to purchase) insurance.
Tune in to our latest show now!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney welcomes Shaughn to the show
- [01:14] – Shaughn shares his background information
- [03:22] – Experts tips for buying insurance and mitigating risk for your real estate investments
- [04:54] – Are there specialized insurance agents for different asset classes?
- [05:38] – How to vet and select a reliable insurance agency
- [07:55] – How to select a suitable insurance policy for your real estate investment; which are some of the risks that you can be insured against?
- [09:30] – Shaughn explains how you can get higher coverage through an umbrella policy
- [10:33] – Can you have your real estate investments insured against natural calamities?
- [11:31] – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- [13:40] – Should you buy insurance for your first syndication? When is the right time to contact an insurance agent?
- [15:03] – Little known considerations for buying your first insurance policy
- [16:18] – What is the insurance cost per unit for a syndication property?
- [17:00] – Data Security and cybercrime in the insurance industry
- [20:09] – What is the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Shaughn?
- [20:54] – Tools that are helping Shaughn improve his business
- [21:52] – What is the number ONE thing that has contributed to Shaughn’s success?
- [22:58] – How does Shaughn give back to the society?
- [23:28] – Shaughn shares his contact information
- [24:21] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [24:25] – Join our Facebook group to connect with like-minded individuals and real estate experts like Shaughn
- 24:36 – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to vet and select a suitable insurance agency for your real estate investments
- Risks that you can insure your real estate investment against
- Little known and important considerations for buying an insurance policy