On the show today we welcome back Brian Burke and he is here to explain the three trust curves when working with investors! With a reputation to be reckoned with, Brian’s expertise in this regard is truly inspiring and the way he unpacks the topic of today’s conversation is bound to give you a lot to work with.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We hear from our guest about his first experience of raising capital and how he leveraged his time in law enforcement to his advantage, entering into the real estate game full time with a bang! From there we discuss the usefulness of starting with people who are already familiar and trust you and building slowly outwards from that before Brian breaks down the three curves that he uses in the process with investors. Brian makes the point that this three-step process of trust has to be achieved in a particular order and steps cannot be skipped over! We then get into the actual particulars of making deals, communicating with clients and information delivery. The conversation covers clients questions, what to find out about them to serve them best and allowing space and time for investors to find the right deal for you. For all this and much more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Brian’s first experiences raising capital when he quit his job in law enforcement.
- The benefits of approaching people who know and trust you, especially early on.
- Putting in the time necessary for people to trust you with their money
- The first, second and third trust curves and how they fit together.
- Why making the deal is the last step in the process and builds on other areas of trust.
- The work that has to go in before you can skip the first two trust steps.
- The actual process of selling a particular deal; delivering as much information as possible.
- Methods of information delivery and picking the right for the scenario.
- Critical things to know about your investors to offer the best investments.
- Anticipating questions through materials, FAQs and then fielding anything extra.
- Educating and offering clients the information they need personally for peace of mind.
- Being patient with each investor’s particular journey and trust curve.
- How Brian gives back through his program, A Hero’s Home!
- And much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brian Burke
Brian Burke is President and CEO of Praxis Capital Inc, a vertically integrated real estate private equity investment firm. Praxis operates on multiple platforms, currently managing active syndications for the acquisition of multifamily, single family, and opportunistic residential assets in US growth markets. Brian has acquired over $400 million in real estate over a 30-year real estate investment career including over 2,500 multifamily units and more than 700 single-family homes, with the assistance of proprietary software that he wrote himself. Brian has subdivided land, built homes and constructed self-storage, but really prefers to reposition existing properties. As a recognized expert Brian has been a frequent speaker at real estate forums and conferences; including the SF Bay Summit, Opal Family Office & Private Wealth Management Forum, the Keiretsu Real Estate Forum and the Institute for Private Investors. He has also served as co-host and real estate expert on the Fox News Radio show, “The Best of Investing”.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: