Omar Khan, CFA, and M & A expert with Boardwalk Wealth shares the workflow for efficiently and accurately analyzing a real estate deal.
This show starts off with Omar revealing some great tips that will help you increase deal flow. You will learn how to communicate with the broker so that you avoid wasting your precious time on poor deals. Next, Omar shares his crude yet effective process for researching a market. How do you define your investment criteria? And, do you narrow down your search to the most suitable deals that fit your criteria?
How do you accurately underwrite a deal once you filter out the ones that do you match your criteria? We share how you can forecast rents, rent premiums, operating expenses etc. to determine the net operating income. Finally, you will learn how to calculate the value of a property using net operating income and cap rate.
Tune in for some excellent insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Omar to listeners
- 01:19 – Omar shares his background information
- 02:20 – Expert Tips for increasing deal flow
- 03:31 – How to communicate your requirements to the broker
- 04:28 – Will a good track record make it easier for you to find real estate deals?
- 06:36 – Defining your specific investment criteria will help you determine which deals to analyze
- 08:47 – How many deals does Omar analyze every week?
- 10:14 – Omar shares his crude yet effective way of researching markets
- 12:36 – Omar reveals how he further narrows down deals to those that fit his investment criteria
- 14:50 – Should you conduct an inspection tour to discover the pros & cons of a property?
- 16:10 – Red flags in real estate investing that you should watch out for
- 18:12 – How can analyzing Operating Expense Ratio help you accurately value a property?
- 19:40 – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- 21:42 – How can you forecast rents?
- 22:20 – How can you accurately determine renovated rent premium?
- 22:48 – What are some ways of accurately forecasting your operating expense?
- 23:15 – What are some ways of generating additional income from your property?
- 23:42 – Omar recommends developing a monthly pro-forma
- 24:47 – How to determine the value of a property using net operating income and cap rate
- 25:42 – Omar’s advice for new investors
- 27:06 – What metrics should passive investors focus on while analyzing a deal?
- 29:53 – What is a basis point?
- 30:23 – Join our Facebook group to connect with like-minded individuals and real estate experts like Omar
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:41″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to communicate your requirements to your broker
- How to define your investment criteria and determine which deals you should analyze
- How to accurately forecast the value of a property
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- BoardWalk Wealth
- Omar’s Email and Linkedin
- Get access to Omar’s Deal Analyzer