Our guest today is Edna Keep and she is here to tell us about her real estate business and how she utilizes Airbnb and the joint venture partner model to grow and profit in this great profession! Edna gives some background and context to her work, where exactly in Canada she is based and a notable deal that she recently concluded.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
She explains how she finds deals and how she incorporates realtors into this process. From there we dive into the joys of Airbnb! While this part of the business is not for everyone, Edna admits that she has experienced a lot of success with it and the rent-to-rent model. She unpacks the adjunct services of companies like AirDNA and how these can help in your rental process before expanding on her company’s focus on long term buy and hold purchases. We discuss finding clients, hurdles she has encountered and the challenges of building a great and reliable team. Edna does such a wonderful job of explaining all the particulars of Airbnb and important things to consider when entering into it, so make sure you tune in and hear what she has to say!
Key Points From This Episode:
- A little bit about Edna, where she works and invests.
- The amazing building deal that Edna recently completed in her area.
- How Edna and her company generally find deals; the usefulness of realtors.
- Testing the waters of Airbnb and the success Edna has experienced with it so far.
- Rating and pricing services like AirDNA that make life a bit easier.
- Edna’s area of specialty and why they focus on long term buy and hold.
- Edna’s approach to investors and the joint venture partnership model she favors.
- Initial forays into finding clients when starting out in real estate.
- Some of the hurdles that seem to hold back some of Edna’s students.
- Challenging aspects of building a strong team and succeeding in this game!
- How Airbnb and rent-to-rent efforts have improved Edna’s business.
- Dealing with owner associations and trustees so that everyone is on board.
- Getting started with Airbnb and how Edna educated herself initially.
- Edna’s best advice for taking care of investors and their money.
- Why Edna is not scared of risk and how this has helped on her path.
- Working with students and the rewarding experience this provides for Edna!
- And much more!
[bctt tweet=”Generally we bring our investors in as joint venture partners. They are silent partners, we will meet with them once a year and we send reports quarterly. — @ednakeep” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Edna Keep
Former Certified Financial Planner, Edna Keep discovered the power of real estate in 2007. Since then Edna and her husband Warren have amassed a $60M Real Estate Portfolio primarily multi-family and primary with OPM. Since 2014 she has been training and coaching real estate entrepreneurs who want to scale their real estate business into multi-family with Investor Capital.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: