Today on the podcast we are very happy to welcome Craig Simpson to talk about ways in which direct mail correspondence can help your real estate business! Craig has built up his own business as a consultant in helping clients use this method of communication in a world where we are inundated with digital messages that are easy to ignore or delete.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He believes the physicality of a mailed letter has a more effective impact on the recipient and is more likely to instigate a response. In our conversation, we talk about all the ins and outs of direct mail strategies and Craig’s insider knowledge of how to make the most of the medium. We discuss writing methods, stylistic choices, packaging options and more! Craig breaks down a few simple ways to build up your database and compile accurate and extensive lists of recipients. We also talk about following up, tracking correspondence and ways to make this process easier! All this and much more on today’s show so make sure you listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Craig’s background, his specialty and how he uses to maximum effect.
- The three big things to keep in mind when using direct mail as your medium.
- Places to begin looking for these contacts and ways to start building lists.
- Narrowing your criteria to keep the list accurate and effective.
- Geographic submarkets and looking across whole cities and different market sizes.
- Tailoring your communication according to who you are going after.
- Important components of effects copy in these communications.
- The clear difference between commercial and residential offers.
- A few other clever tips to use in your letters; handwriting, envelopes, and stamps.
- Frequency of mailing; multiple connections over the course of a few weeks.
- Tracking your correspondence history with each person you contact.
- When to consider ceasing your contact with a potential client.
- Utilizing assistants in getting all of the handwriting letters out each week.
- The importance of timing; thing about when you send out your batches.
- How writing books has improved Craig’s business.
- Craig’s philosophy of constant marketing
- And much more!
[bctt tweet=”The biggest thing to start with is the list. Depending on who you want to approach, that’s where we’re going to determine what the mail list is. — @SimpsonDirect” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Craig Simpson
Craig is the owner of Simpson Direct, Inc. based out of Grants Pass, Oregon. Since beginning his career in direct marketing nearly 20 years ago, he has managed thousands of direct mail campaigns, helping to gross hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue for his clients. His direct marketing company manages almost 300 different direct mail promotions each year. He works in practically every industry, marketing everything from auto and RV dealerships, to technical software, retail stores, real estate investment, financial services, legal professionals, diet programs, insurance, and health & beauty products. Craig’s knowledge of direct marketing techniques has helped him become the nations leading expert in direct mail marketing. He is regularly asked to speak at national events. He is the author of The Direct Mail Solution and The Advertising Solution published by Entrepreneur. He is married and has 3 kids.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: