On today’s episode, we are joined by Dovid Preil, to talk about the work he does helping investors who are often overlooked because they are not classified as high net individuals. These individuals have money, but often not large enough sums required to enter a deal.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He focuses on these smaller net worth individuals because he hopes to shift people’s risk-averse mindsets to show them that real estate, when done correctly, can be a low-risk, but a continually stable investment. Dovid is based out of Israel, so the large majority of his investors are Israelis looking to invest in US commercial real estate. He talks about some of the challenges he has with doing cross-continental deals and how he manages to overcome them. Dovid is a great example of the power of networking as he has been able to raise a substantial amount of capital despite the great geographic distance. To learn more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why Dovid creates every new deal as an LLC.
- Some of the complications that Dovid faces working with citizens from different countries.
- How Dovid manages to make connections in the US despite living in Israel.
- Some of the ways Dovid helps people to make healthier financial decisions.
- Why Dovid felt it was important to get people to think about the power of passive income.
- Why Israelis are reluctant to invest money outside of the country.
- How Dovid finds operators to work with.
- An explanation of Tama 38 and why it is so popular in Israel.
- Where Dovid sees his business in five years’ time.
- Why it is beneficial to focus on one thing, rather than divide your attention.
- Technology is a great springboard to build meaningful relationships off of.
- Why it is so important to put investors in the right deals.
[bctt tweet=”It’s work. You got to network, you got to hustle, you got to build a reputation, and it takes time. — Dovid Preil” username=”Whitney_Sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Dovid Preil
Dovid Preil is a principal at YDLP Investment Group and has sourced over $3.5 million in equity from mostly smaller investors for US commercial real estate investments. He, along with most of his investors are from Israel, with a smaller portion being from the US. Dovid started his financial career in 2008, when he realized that the global recession was an excellent time to begin investing. In 2013, he then joined a boutique brokerage firm, where he excelled at finding solutions to seemingly intractable problems. Through his work as a mortgage broker, coupled with the difficult Israeli mortgage system, Dovid found a large population who had money, but were not able to do anything with it. So, he sought to provide them with investment opportunities in US commercial real estate. His mission is to empower professionals who are interested in creating passive income along with diversifying their commercial real estate investments. He is passionate about educating people and helping them build a better financial future and has created an online course along with a regular educational newsletter to ensure people’s financial education is ongoing.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: