It is no secret that multifamily deals are getting harder to come by. For some syndicators, this scarcity has caused them to reevaluate their investment criteria and lower their standards. While this may be one way to get around the competitive syndication landscape, it is not the only solution. Our guest today, Angelo Christian, has a different answer to the problem – ground up multifamily developments.
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jillian Sidoti, founding partners of the top syndication law firm Trowbridge Sidoti, have a legal team with over 88 years of combined legal experience. That team, along with their amazing support staff, has helped clients raise over 3.7 billion dollars in offerings by being dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally, while allowing them time for other important things in their life. To learn more, visit the Crowdfunding Lawyers YouTube channel or website.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
This may seem more expensive than investing in an already existing development but it is not always the case. These developments can be more cost-effective while allowing syndicators to retain their investment criteria. In this episode, Angelo walks us through some of the intricacies of ground up developments, such as securing land and loans, and why he thinks that this burgeoning trend is here to stay. Ground up multifamily developments only make investment sense if done efficiently and Angelo provides some strategies to ensure these projects run smoothly. We also get into other topics such as other assets Angelo is currently investing in, different types of loans, and much more. To learn about this innovative approach to multifamily syndication, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why there is a current trend of building multifamily from the ground up.
- Angelo’s tips on how to successfully move from value-add to ground up construction.
- Find out why senior living is another investment Angelo is heavily pursuing.
- Some of the different funding options available for ground up construction projects.
- How to be strategic when finding affordable land for a ground up multifamily project.
- While it is possible to do ground up with no experience, the strength of the sponsor is key.
- An explanation of horizontal funding and who utilizes it.
- Why it is useful to use an intermediary to help get organized and Angelo’s recommendations.
- Some major obstacles that a new person coming into ground up development may face.
- How Angelo has prepared for the downturn and the importance of portfolio diversification.
- Angelo believes in being a life-long student and how he continues to educate himself.
[bctt tweet=”Investors can actually build cheaper than buying existing multifamily, because there’s not a lot of properties out there right now. — @AngeloLending” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Angelo Christian’s contact number: (832) 431-6331
About Angela Christian
Angelo Christian is an investor, entrepreneur, and author. He is noted as one of the Top Producing Loan Originators in the country. As the CEO of Christian Financial, Angelo has helped tens of thousands of people with his influential coaching, Real Estate University, wealth management, and mortgage banking. Angelo has also authored sought-after books as King of Real Estate and 10 Habits of Highly Successful Loan Originators. He has been featured in Bloomberg, CNN, Good Morning America, Great Day Houston, Houston Chronicle, Business Insider and numerous podcasts. Angelo grew up in an adverse environment which included poverty, homelessness, health issues, and being morbidly obese. Rising from these disadvantages, he created a multimillion-dollar company, lost all the excess weight, and channeled his health in a positive direction. Angelo loves to share his story in hopes to inspire those in similar circumstances.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: