Becoming an influencer or thought leader in your niche is one of the best, most innovative marketing strategies out there today. By leveraging the power of social media, you can be your authentic self, while simultaneously building a strong thought leadership platform. People want to work with those they know, like, and trust, and reaching out digitally is one of the powerful ways to build rapport. Where do you even get started building this platform? It’s certainly overwhelming, which is why we’ve brought in Neal Schaffer, a leading social media marketing authority, to speak with us today.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, we learn more about how Neal got his start in the social media and influencer marketing space as well as what his agency does. We learn about the flexibility of their services based on their clients’ needs and the variety of ways the agency helps its customers. Neal also provides some clear, actionable steps that you need to take to become an influencer. From identifying a platform to KPIs to budgeting advice, Neal covers it all. He also talks about the importance of being consistent with content and covers why content curation is so important. It is vital to not only post your own content but to share other credible information, so people can begin to see you as a trustworthy source of knowledge. While this might seem counter-intuitive, it is a highly effective strategy and one of many you will learn in this episode. Be sure not to miss out!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Neal’s background, his move from corporate America, and his current role.
- Find out how Neal’s agency helps clients with their social media marketing.
- The most important aspects of becoming a thought leader or influencer.
- Why becoming a thought leader gives you an advantage over bigger brands.
- Neal’s ‘recipe’ for getting started with building a successful thought leadership platform.
- The power of repurposing content: How a piece of content can be reinvented and recycled.
- How long it typically takes to reap the rewards of building a thought leadership platform.
- Learn more about KPIs to watch and the importance of interpreting data correctly.
- Find out about an effective social media budget and how to get the best bang for your buck.
- Tips for newbies: How often to post, platforms to focus on, and how to build connections.
- The benefits of sharing content that was not generated by you on your platform.
[bctt tweet=”No one is going to invest with you unless they know, like, and trust you. — @NealSchaffer” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Neal Schaffer
Neal Schaffer is a leading authority on helping businesses through their digital transformation of sales and marketing through consulting, training, and helping companies develop and execute on social media marketing strategy, influencer marketing, and social selling initiatives. President of the social media agency PDCA Social, Neal also teaches digital media to executives at Rutgers University, the Irish Management Institute (Ireland), and the University of Jyvaskyla (Finland). Fluent in Japanese and Mandarin Chinese, Neal is a popular keynote speaker and has been invited to speak about digital media on four continents in more than a dozen countries. He is also the author of 4 books on social media, including Maximize Your Social (Wiley) and the recently published The Age of Influence (HarperCollins Leadership), on educating the market on the why and how every business should leverage the potential of influencer marketing. Neal resides in Irvine, California but also frequently travels to Japan. Check out his Maximize Your Social Influence podcast for weekly inspiration.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: