As the uncertainty around the coronavirus crisis continues to grow, it is easy to panic and be filled with negativity. But as real estate investors and syndicators, we are problem-solvers, which means that during these hardships, we must work toward solutions. Our guest today, Matt Shamus, is here to share how he and his Driven Capital Partners firm, are looking to reframe the current moment to focus on more positive outcomes. In this episode, Matt shares his real estate journey as well more on Driven Capital.
Our gracious sponsor:
You could feed a child for a dollar a day… But what if children could feed themselves… and feed their family and generations to come?
Leaders Yielding to New Knowledge, or LY2NK, is a non-profit organization that focuses on empowering people to form self-sufficient, sustainable communities. LY2NK gives a hand up not a handout.
To learn more, visit LY2NK.com.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We learn that by having diversified investment offerings, not only do they cater to a range of investors but they also provide exposure to different markets. Matt then sheds light on how Driven Capital is using the coronavirus crisis to establish better relationships with their tenants. As a landlord, you are only as strong as your tenants, so it’s in your best interest to look out for them and make them as strong as possible. Matt talks about how they are renegotiating some leases and other approaches they are using to meet their tenants halfway to create a win-win outcome. He also talks about the fact that there will be an increase in investment opportunities, Driven Capital’s six-month plan, and much more. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Matt’s background and the different paths of his real estate journey.
- Find out about Driven Capital Partners, what they do and their investment strategy.
- Why Driven Capital Partners has such a diversified range of investment opportunities
- How Driven Capital establishes trust with investors while investing in different asset classes.
- Why Matt believes that the coronavirus crisis may present an excellent investing opportunity.
- What Driven Capital is currently doing to mitigate the effects of the crisis.
- Driven Capital’s six-month plan given the uncertainty and calculating cash reserves.
- The hardest part of syndication, Matt’s advice for aspiring syndicators, and the biggest contributor to his success.
[bctt tweet=”At the end of the day, any investment comes down to the investor taking a leap of faith with you. There’s no doubt, trust is the most important thing. — Matt Shamus” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Matt Shamus
Matt Shamus is co-founder of Driven Capital Partners, a diversified real estate private equity firm with a portfolio totaling 8 projects and approximately $85M in value. He started Driven Capital Partners to invest his own capital in high-quality commercial real estate in US growth markets. Matt has enjoyed a successful entrepreneurial career spanning the finance, real estate, and technology industries, including 6 years at Facebook.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: