It’s always important for property owners to have good relationships with their tenants, and during times of crisis, these ties can be put to the test. With many tenants struggling to pay rent, property owners have to come up with innovative solutions to work around these newfound hurdles. Our guest today, Ben Kogut, is here to share some of the ways that HJH Investments is making concessions for their tenants who are in the retail, commercial, and industrial space. In this episode, Ben sheds light on what makes HJH’s syndication model unique.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He walks us through their interesting investor return split and why it is more appealing than it initially seems. We also discuss the company’s deal flow and how they manage to move through up to 1500 deals per week! Ben then talks about the rent waivers they have offered their tenants. HJH responded proactively, offering waivers early on, and in doing so, managed to secure 100 years of future leases across their portfolio. This is an excellent example of helping tenants and creative problem-solving. Along with this, we also discuss building relationships, the importance of aligning values, and much more. Be sure not to miss out!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Ben’s background and how he started working at HJH Investments.
- Find out how HJH syndicates deals, how many deals they look at, and some of their criteria.
- Insights into HJH’s return payments to investors and how it differs from other operators.
- HJH’s deal flow and an overview of the strategies they use to close deals.
- How HJH is dealing with its tenants in light of the current crisis.
- How HJH is attracting high net-worth individuals and Ben’s own strategies.
- It’s important, to understand what potential investors’ goals when presenting deals.
- A recent improvement, the number one contributor to Ben’s success, and giving back.
[bctt tweet=”We have waived about $150,000 worth of potential revenue and in exchange, we have obtained over 100 years’ worth of additional lease obligations throughout the portfolio. — @BenKogut” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Ben Kogut
Ben Kogut is a partner at HJH Investments, specializing in investor relations. Ben is also an Austin, Texas-based commercial real estate broker with more than 15 years of experience. His passion is to help investors make wise decisions. Ben studied government and business at the University of Texas and later earned an MBA from the Acton School of Business. He is also CCIM certified.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: