A huge component of achieving success in anything you undertake is your mindset. Without self-awareness and self-reflexivity, it is difficult to trust your instincts and know if what you’re pursuing aligns with who you are. Today’s guest, Sameer Sharma, joins us to share how he has applied principles from his physical practice to achieve a fuller life. In this episode, we learn more about Sameer’s physical and business skill-set and how he combined the two to form a unique approach to self-mastery. He walks us through the four principles he applies to all aspects of his life.
Our gracious sponsor:
You could feed a child for a dollar a day… But what if children could feed themselves… and feed their family and generations to come?
Leaders Yielding to New Knowledge, or LY2NK, is a non-profit organization that focuses on empowering people to form self-sufficient, sustainable communities. LY2NK gives a hand up not a handout.
To learn more, visit LY2NK.com.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Through practicing awareness, centeredness, non-attachment, and alignment, Sameer believes that we can expand our sense of self-awareness and ultimately make better decisions in every aspect of our lives. We also discuss why we need to rethink the accepted idea of ‘the hustle’ and instead pause, and reflect on the actions we are taking. Along with this, we unpack what it takes to create new habits that stick, how to not give your power away, and the routine and tools Sameer uses to work towards self-mastery. This was a great chat, and we learned so much from Sameer. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn about Sameer and how he’s combined his corporate and physical skill sets.
- You bring yourself to every task you do, so it’s important to connect with who you truly are.
- How to discover your identity to begin to create new habits that stick.
- Sameer’s principles for overcoming the mental block that prevents you from taking action.
- The idea of ‘the hustle’ has been put on a pedestal in our society.
- Four principles that Sameer has applied from his physical practice to all aspects of his life.
- Why choosing to be centered will make you resilient and less dependent on externalities.
- Find out Sameer’s morning routine and how he accomplishes what he wants to do daily.
- A recent improvement Sameer’s made, the biggest contributor to his success and giving back.
[bctt tweet=”Take a step back from your habitual patterns of activities, habits, things you normally do because they’re getting you the results you already have. If you want a different result, you need to create a different paradigm, different actions.— Sameer Sharma” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Sameer Sharma
Sameer Sharma’s experience as a martial artist, yogi, and athlete has made him not only a more effective businessman but also a better person in other areas of his life. From the first day he stepped foot in the Aikido dojo or onto yoga mat to now, he witnessed a profound change in himself. Over 20 years, the fearful, self-doubting, stressed-out, defensive, and egotistical self were kicked, punched, thrown, stretched, and bent into a more fearless, confident, calm, centered, and empowered person. Sameer now works as a high-performance mind and body coach, where he shares his teachings with others to help them live in alignment and reach their highest selves.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: