As operators, we know that things don’t always go according to plan. But how many of us have safety nets in place that can help us get through unexpected events? Today’s guest, Keith Nelson, believes in having a range of plans to preserve capital on a deal and is here to share some valuable insights with us. We kick off the show by getting to know Keith and what he’s currently invested in.
Our gracious sponsor:
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Having started strictly in the multifamily space, he and his team have since diversified their assets. From there, we learn more about some of the plan B and C approaches Keith has used in deals. From conversions to asset class pivots, his team has an array of strategies to draw on to ensure the deal has as much capital as possible. We round the show off by discussing the importance of a great team and how the coronavirus pandemic will influence Keith’s team’s thinking going forward. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Keith’s interesting background and how he started in real estate.
- Why Keith recommends entering real estate through working at a brokerage first.
- Find out about the different asset classes Dual City has bought and why they’ve diversified.
- Keith’s tips on investing in asset classes when you don’t have the expertise.
- The importance of having a plan B and C in the event plan A does not work out.
- Some strategies that Keith and his team have used as safety nets with investments.
- How Keith’s partners have given him strength, the hardest part of syndication, and a recent business improvement.
[bctt tweet=”My advice is if you’re going outside your sphere of the expertise, get someone that knows what they’re looking at and what they’re talking about and rely heavily on that person. — Keith Nelson” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Keith Nelson
Keith Nelson has multiple high-level degrees and diverse experience in multiple fields giving him the ability to adapt and adjust to obstacles and challenges. Keith subsequently left the security of a government career to pursue his entrepreneurial passions, ultimately landing in real estate. After founding a successful real estate investment and syndication firm the next logical progression was to start a private equity real estate investment fund. Keith’s main directive is to build the right team and oversee the focus of daily operations to successful completion.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: