Hiring people can be a daunting experience for numerous reasons. Either you’re afraid to delegate or you don’t want to put the effort into training someone. However, scaling your real estate business requires having the right people and systems so you, as an entrepreneur, can do what you’re best at. Bill Allen, today’s guest, takes a unique approach both to hiring and systems-building, and he shares some of these insights with us.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Our Gracious Sponsor
The fact is most real estate & passive investment companies struggle to get new investors. And inversely, most agents struggle to get new properties. It doesn’t have to be that way!
Your ideal customers are looking for you, but they’re not finding you.
Our sponsor Kris Reid from Ardor SEO, developed a simple system to get your message directly in front of where your potential investors are looking for precisely what you do.
Kris’s system has allowed many companies to get the investors they need to grow in a measurable, predictable way. And he can do the same for you.
Visit ArdorSEO.com/res to see how this system has grown our business, and how it can grow yours too.
In this episode, we learn more about the inward look Bill believes leaders should take when building systems. Many people think that systems mean software, but Bill sees it differently. Leaders should know their strengths and weaknesses and then create systems to account for this. We also take a look at Bill’s hiring process, why he emphasizes core value alignment, and how he finds the right personalities. While experience is important, nothing can take the place of synchronized visions. Along with this, Bill shares some of the software systems he has in place to increase efficiency, why it’s important to discern and account for the differences between management and leadership, and how to ensure you always have a full Rolodex of potential hires. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Bill’s background and his real estate journey so far.
- Why the first step of building effective systems requires looking inward and self-exploration.
- Software systems should work to reduce human workload and increase overall efficiency.
- Find out more about Bill’s hiring process and why he emphasizes core values over skillsets.
- How defining a personality for a role and advertising accordingly attracts the right people.
- How Bill uses the Culture Index to assess the personalities of potential job candidates.
- Bill’s tips on attracting top talent: Understand what they want from their job.
- Why Bill believes that you should always be looking to hire even if there are no vacancies.
- Some of the software that Bill’s companies use to increase operational efficiency.
- Understanding the differences between leadership and management and balancing them.
- A recent business improvement, the role mentors have played in Bill’s success, and giving back.
[bctt tweet=”I’d rather have somebody who’s a personality profile fit and a culture fit than I would somebody who has an extensive resume. — Bill Allen” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Bill Allen
Bill Allen, a Navy pilot, and real estate professional is the CEO and owner of 7 Figure Flipping and host of the 7 Figure Flipping Podcast, where he leads the top house flipping and wholesaling mentoring groups in the world. Just a few years ago, he was stuck flipping 1 or 2 houses per year and doing all the work himself, but since then, he’s built a systematized business that runs without him. His wholesaling and flipping company, Blackjack Real Estate, is based out of Nashville, TN, and does upwards of 200 deals a year throughout the Southeast with a staff of 15 people.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: