Real estate investing attracts all sorts. For Lee Yoder, today’s guest, investing was the perfect outlet for his entrepreneurial spirit that also allowed him to focus on the priorities in life – his family and his relationship with God. A fast mover, Lee was able to sell a duplex and buy three multi-family properties within four months. But his path to becoming an investor wasn’t easy. In our conversation, Lee talks about taking a pay cut when he left the corporate world to pursue his real estate career.
Our gracious sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jonathan Nieh, founding partners of the top syndication firm Trowbridge Law Group LLP have a legal team with over 50 years of combined experience in real estate syndication and the practice of real estate securities law. Over this time Gene and his partners, in several past firms and currently, have helped clients raise close to $5.0 billion dollars in offerings by empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally. To learn more about Trowbridge Law Group LLP, visit our website at www.trowbridgelawgroup.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We discuss how Lee’s wife helped him shift his mindset and establish better long-term goals. Lee shares the value of balancing his natural ‘10X’ attitude with a ‘Compound Interest’ work ethic and how both have fed into his success. We speak about Lee’s business, Threefold Investing, and Lee details how he’s improved it by building a website and brand, focusing on his relationships, and expanding his network by doing something as simple as writing two BiggerPockets posts a day. We talk about the value of a mentor in accelerating your career and Lee lays out his game plan for becoming a full-time apartment syndicator. Listen to this episode to learn from Lee’s journey and to hear how real estate investing has helped him focus on the most important aspects of his life.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Lee shares his story and talks about his realization that he was an entrepreneur.
- How real estate gave Lee the time to focus on his family and religion.
- How Lee’s partnership with both his wife and God informs his business.
- Learn the two things that Lee thinks real estate investors need to be successful.
- Why ‘slowing down’ helped Lee set better goals.
- What it takes to succeed in apartment syndication.
- The 10X view versus the Compound Effect.
- Hear about Lee’s influences, like investor Joe Fairless.
- How even two posts a day on BiggerPockets can expand your network.
- Lee talks about what he learned on his first multi-family deal.
- Lee’s game plan – keep buying small to midsize multi-family properties.
- The factors that allowed Lee to focus on investing.
- How Lee has recently improved his business by building his brand.
- Tips on how to meet investors.
- The key to Lee’s success – balancing a 10X viewpoint with consistency.
[bctt tweet=”Real estate was an opportunity to be challenged, to build something, to build wealth, and also be able to control my time so that I can focus on my family. — Lee Yoder” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Lee Yoder
Lee Yoder was practicing as a physical therapist when he realized his true passion was building his own business and investing in real estate. He has taken this passion and has quickly built a portfolio with several small apartment buildings. Lee is also the founder of Threefold Real Estate Investing, a company focused on multi-family investments. Lee hosts the Threefold Real Estate Investing Podcast, which reflects his interest in multi-family real estate investing and pursuing better relationships with his family and God.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: