With no experience and no money, former sommelier Anthony Metzger put together a syndication that made his first deal happen – a 218-unit apartment complex, located 800 miles from his home state. In this episode, Anthony shares his story. Learn how you can start your real estate investing career with a big deal, just like Anthony did, and discover the steps he took to make it happen by doing his research, finding a coach, and adding value for his partners.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Staying motivated was a huge part of his journey, as was building relationships and doing his due diligence. Listen in as Anthony shares some tips for growing your network and his advice for keeping a positive mindset. We also hear how he safeguards against a potential downturn by building his investor list, how his drive to get rich created self-discipline and the interesting way that he is combatting poverty through his charity of choice. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Anthony shares a bit about his background and how his first deal was a 218-unit complex.
- How Anthony’s family and friends received the news that he was switching industries.
- The first steps Anthony took in getting to his first deal, like adding value as a deal finder.
- Staying motivated during the year and a half it took his to make that first deal.
- Building relationships with no real estate experience – Anthony got on national making lists.
- Why this deal worked and how Anthony did his due diligence by looking for certain returns.
- Tips to grow your network, continue your education, get a coach, and keep hustling.
- Learn how Anthony prepares for a potential downturn by building his investor list.
- The motivation to get rich and how it fostered a high level of self-discipline in him.
- Daily habits that have helped Anthony achieve success include reading and goal-setting.
- Anthony has recently improved his business by being diligent about asset management.
- Starting from his inner circle and growing out has helped him grow his investor base.
- Why Anthony attributes his success to his drive and his willingness to succeed.
- How Anthony likes to give back through an organization called Heifer International.
[bctt tweet=”That’s a very powerful thing with syndicating, is it’s more of a team sport. Everybody has a role to play on the team, and the value I could add was to be a deal finder. — Anthony Metzger” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Anthony Metzger
Anthony was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota. At the age of 18, he flew to France and lived there for a year to study and work as a sommelier. All throughout his twenties, he traveled the world making wine, studying wine, and filming wine documentaries. In fact, if you go to YouTube, you’ll find his film, ‘South Africa Wine Documentary – The Pink Grape’. At the age of 28, while sitting on the couch, his younger brother approached him and asked if he had ever heard of Michael Blank. His reply was no. He signed up for Michael’s Ultimate Guide Program and started listening to his podcasts. Once he got educated, he immediately began looking for deals and underwriting them. After a year and a half, a deal came across his desk, he underwrote it, and it worked. He submitted it to the deal desk and it got accepted. A few months after that, they closed on the deal. 218 units was his first deal. Since then, he has closed on his second deal and grown his network.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: