Storytelling may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about growing your real estate business — but it really should be. Your personal story is your number one marketing tool. Our guest on today’s episode is Jimmy Nelson. Jimmy is also known as Coach Jimmy. He has been a high-performance business coach for over a decade and is uniquely skilled in helping his clients to seamlessly connect their personal stories to their product or service, creating a strong ‘know, like, and trust’ factor.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
If you’ve been listening to our show for a while, you’ll know how important those three factors are in our line of work. Using his 20 plus years of experience as a stage and film performer, Jimmy has created his own personal story to create a seven-figure business, and now dedicates his life to helping professionals craft their own stories to attract and have an impact on their ideal audiences. He is a sought-after keynote speaker, emcee, event host and is honing his expertise as a virtual emcee as well. As Jimmy says, “Tell a story, change the world”. Tune in to today’s episode with Jimmy Nelson — it is a jam-packed episode with great advice on how impactful your personal story can be in growing and marketing your real estate business.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Jimmy shares more about his background and how his passion for story-telling began.
- How to tell your story in such a way that you stand out to potential investors.
- Why a story is a perfect way to create a trustworthy foundation for investor relations.
- Why it is important to know the heart behind your story — i.e. knowing your why.
- Three things you have to do in a personal story: Be ordinary, tell people why you are just like them, and be extraordinary.
- Tips on how to make your 45-minute story into a 2-minute impactful elevator pitch.
- The power of showing your vulnerabilities.
- How the virtual world changes the dynamics of our stories.
- Tips to maintain that important connection — practice makes perfect.
- How Jimmy’s morning routine has impacted and contributed to his success: Time and consistency — you just have to show up.
- More daily habits that have helped Jimmy reach success: Filling up your bucket before you try to pour into anybody else’s.
- The number one thing that has contributed to his success: Consistency, patience, and thinking about the long-game.
- How Jimmy likes to give back: Getting involved in his community.
[bctt tweet=”I think your personal story is your number one marketing tool. — @TheCoachJimmy” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Jimmy Nelson Phone Number — +1 469-364-9360
About Jimmy Nelson
Jimmy Hays Nelson, aka Coach Jimmy, has been a high-performance business coach for over a decade. Jimmy’s unique skill is helping his clients to seamlessly connect their personal stories to their product or service, creating a strong “know, like, and trust factor.”
Using his 20+ years of experience as a stage and film performer, he crafted his own personal story to create a 7-figure business and now dedicates his life to helping professionals craft their own stories to attract and impact the lives of their ideal audiences. He is a sought after keynote speaker, emcee and event host, now honing his expertise as a virtual emcee as well. As Coach Jimmy says, “Tell a story, change the world.”
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: