Stepping back and looking at a deal as several deals pieced together is much more effective at mitigating risk than if you were to look at “the big picture.” Understanding and assessing each step is a fantastic way to help you minimize the associated risk. Today’s guest is Moshe Bloorian, who started GreyHill Group in 2016. Since then, along with his partner, he’s acquired more than 150 apartments all throughout the upstate New York area.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
They have also been heavily focused on the industrial market class, acquiring three large warehouses within the past year. Diving right into today’s episode, you’ll hear about Moshe’s start in the real estate business, what inspired him to get started, and what it was like starting out at such a young age, as well as why he’s shifting focus from multifamily to industrial markets. He shares the importance of breaking down your deals, underwriting versus understanding a deal, and why it’s crucial to take risks when you’re young and just starting out in this business. Tune in today for all this and more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- More on Moshe’s focus and why he made the switch from multifamily to the industrial market.
- How the pandemic has impacted him and what improvements he’ll take forward as a result.
- How COVID has influenced his management company and what they’ve learned.
- Moshe shares an example of a deal that they’ve been working on recently.
- How Moshe breaks down the risks involved: don’t look at deals as one big picture.
- Underwriting versus understanding a deal: investing in the right market is a long-term thing.
- Moshe shares his start in real estate right out of college and why he believes that it’s easier to take risks when you’re young.
- Moshe talks about his mentor: his dad, the hard-working man.
- Why the hardest part of the syndication business for him is gaining traction.
- Why Moshe believes you should enjoy investing.
- How to prepares for a potential downturn: have all your knots tied and never over-leverage.
- Daily habits that have helped Moshe achieve success, like getting up early and preparing.
- His best source for meeting new investors: word of mouth.
- The number one thing that has contributed to his success was starting out young.
- How he gives back by donating 10% back to charity.
[bctt tweet=”I think that every management company will be a better management company after the pandemic than they were before. — @MoBloorian” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Moshe Bloorian
Moshe Bloorian started GreyHill Group in 2016. Since then, along with his partner, he has acquired more than 150 apartments all throughout the Upstate New York area. They have also been heavily focused on the industrial market class, acquiring three large warehouses within the past year.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: