This conversation with Jason DeBono from NuView Trust Company will leave you with a lot of newfound knowledge relating to elements of the real estate industry you may have known very little about before. We discuss the benefits of IRA’s and QRP’s, and Jason shares an example of how much more fruitful your investments can be if you use tax-free or tax-deferred accounts, rather than taxable ones.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Jason explains what makes NuView unique in the retirement account space, the company’s stance on fair market value, and some of the requirements for setting up QRP and IRA accounts. You will also hear about Jason’s firm belief in “clarity breaks,” the value he sees in meeting with people face to face, and the work he does for an NGO called Chair the Love. Curiosity has been a key contributing factor to his own success, so Jason encourages all of us to continuously learn as much as we can from others; this informative episode is a great place to start!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why NuView is unique in the retirement account space.
- Jason explains how you can still play an active role in your deals, while your overall ownership remains passive.
- Various benefits come with investing passively in an IRA.
- An example of how much your money can grow in a tax-free or tax-deferred account compared to a taxable one.
- A tax that Jason cautions investors to be aware of in leveraged real estate, and a way around it.
- Jason briefly explains what a QRP is and why it is a benefit to NuView clients that the company sells QRP plans and IRA’s.
- The benefits and drawbacks of a solo QRP.
- How long it typically takes to set up a solo QRP or an IRA, and some of the requirements.
- Why Jason recommends that operators choose one self-directed custodian and build a good relationship with them.
- The way NuView handles fair market value, and how this differs from how many other companies deal with it.
- What Jason does in his “clarity breaks” and why they are so important to him.
- Be curious; you will learn a lot from other people.
- Although we can’t do it right now because of COVID, Jason believes that meeting people face to face is the best way to build connections.
- A tribute to Jason’s wife, and the NGO that Jason has been involved with for many years.
[bctt tweet=”What makes us unique is our willingness, not some loophole, but just simply our willingness to hold assets that are not publicly traded. —Jason DeBono” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Jason Debono
Jason graduated from the University of Central Florida and has since acquired 15-years of experience in the self-directed IRA industry. He has served as both Director of Business Development and Director of Operations for NuView Trust Company – a self-directed custodian with over $1.5 billion of assets under custody. Now, in his role as Corporate President, Jason oversees the day-to-day activities of the company. He is heavily recruited to speak on podcasts and at national events as a subject matter expert in tax-advantaged investing through retirement accounts. Additionally, Jason has provided continuing education to CPAs, Attorneys, and Real Estate professionals and has been a guest speaker at hundreds of investment events and conferences throughout the United States. Outside of his role at NuView, Jason serves as Co-founder and Chairman of Chair the Love, a 501(c)(3) organization, which provides wheelchairs and other mobility-related services to those in need.
He currently resides in Central Florida with his wife, Christina, son, Tyler, and daughter, Delaney.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: