There’s a saying that goes “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” And that’s exactly how the journey of real estate investor Nicole Pendergrass started – with a single step. Her story proves that one needs to be determined to achieve your goal in life.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Today, we talk to Nicole about how her journey began and how she overcame early setbacks and failures to slowly secure investments. In this episode, we will be inspired as Nicole shares about taking a leap by believing in the real estate industry. She also talks about how to get people for partnership and how networking plays a big role in achieving success in the business. We will also learn how Nicole was able to invest in a six-unit commercial deal. This is a story of success, perseverance and more so listen in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Getting to know Nicole and how she started her career in real estate.
- Nicole shares how she was able to get 25 people to commit to a partnership.
- Nicole talks about lessons she learned on her early setbacks.
- How did she find and close a six-unit commercial deal.
- How mentoring through Jake and Gino’s Wheelbarrow Profits Academy and Make It Happen Mastermind helped Nicole with her real estate journey
- Nicole shares her experience of having a mentor and networking with a lot of people.
- Find out how Nicole used the bank-on-yourself method to buy a property.
- Nicole talks about her future goal and her target next commercial deal.
- The daily habits that help Nicole achieve success.
- She discusses the best source for meeting investors.
“Basically, just hustle, keep going even when things weren’t working out. I just knew that real estate is still my avenue, my way out, and my way to the life that I wanted to live.” – Nicole Pendergrass
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Nicole Pendergrass
Based in the Bronx, NY, Nicole is extremely motivated to grow her portfolio and transition from residential multifamily to commercial multifamily real estate investing.
Nicole began ravenously consuming real estate investment education in 2010. She formed a private investment group focused on wholesaling in 2012 and in 2013 was a founding member and Acquisitions Chair for a group purchasing single family rehab-rentals in Detroit, Michigan. In 2015, she purchased her first residential multifamily property and quickly recognized the scaling benefits and life-changing potential of multi-unit buildings. This led her to joining Jake and Gino’s Wheelbarrow Profits Academy and the Make It Happen Mastermind group to connect with established networks. Her goal was to access resources that would synergize her efforts with the education, accountability and guidance of those successful in the space.
Nicole is currently a coordinator for outpatient clinics at a prestigious healthcare facility. She has spent her career managing high volume operations and handling time sensitive confidential information, all while remaining a professional and friendly point-person between patients, families and the clinical team. Through her combined investment and career experiences, she has developed a knack for details, managing various aspects of operations and customer service.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: