There are many ways people discover what career path they want to take in life. Some people figure it out while they are young, while others figure it out later in life. In today’s episode, we speak to a man in Nebraska who figured early on that real estate is the industry he wanted to be in.
Experience 1-on-1 Coaching with Whitney Sewell
✅ Unlimited access to Whitney
✅ Behind-the-curtain look at how Whitney and Life Bridge Capital were able to close $100M in real estate and raise over $35M in 2020
✅ Access to Whitney’s network
✅ Branding and business development guidance
✅ Whitney’s step-by-step capital raise process, and other invaluable resources
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Multifamily investor Hunter King talks about why you need to go big on your first deal if you want to scale up fast. Hunter also shares the most effective way for him to find deals – direct mail. He details how he personalized his message to property owners that have portfolios in the location he is looking at. He also talks about how he started in the industry when he was fresh out of college and the challenges he faced in growing his business. Click the play button now and find out how choosing a different path from most of the people paid off for Hunter.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hunter shares how he started investing in real estate while he was still in college.
- Hunter talks about how he sealed his first deal, how he is finding deals, and how his business has grown.
- How Hunter came up with the down payment for his second deal which is the six-unit apartment?
- Hunter shares the pushbacks he encountered when he was starting in the business.
- How Hunter stayed focus to achieve his goal in real estate?
- Hunter shares how he finds deals.
- Hunter elaborates on how he does direct mailer to property owners.
- Hunter shares whether direct mail can work to a larger property as well or not.
- What’s the most challenging part for Hunter in growing his business?
- Hunter talks about what would have done differently in his first few deals.
- Hunter shares how he prepares for a downturn.
- Hunter’s predictions in the real estate market in the next six to twelve months.
- The daily habits that helped Hunter achieve success.
- Hunter’s best source for meeting new investors right now.
- The number one thing that contributed to Hunter’s success.
- Hunter shares how he likes to give back.
“Even the successful business owners aren’t relying on just one source of income. They’re spreading it out and they’re taking the risk in different types of market. So, that was really intriguing for me. It really was just an eye-opener for me to take control of my own financial future.”
“If you do your due diligence and you’re confident in the research that you’ve done, then you should never restrict yourself from taking actions.”
“One thing about real estate, it’s not a quick deal or, you’re not gonna do one deal and exit the next. It’s something that you need to be dedicated to and you need to have conviction.”
“You have to establish a connection with good brokers in your area because they know a lot of the economics in the market.”
“If you wanna be serious about scaling, you need to go bigger.”
“You have to buy the deal right and in my criteria, I have the cash flow when I buy the deal. If it has units in it already, it has the cash flow.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Hunter King
Hunter King is a real-estate investor who has bought 8 multifamily units by the age of 25 while maintaining a full-time job. In his first deal, Hunter invested in a new construction duplex while he was a sophomore in college, and since then he has bought a 6-unit apartment building and a single-family home with his fiancé. Hunter is currently in the process of obtaining his real estate license and focuses on growing his investment company, King Residential.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: