For any business to last for decades, it needs to weather different challenges successfully. In real estate, this means you have to adapt quickly to changes and circumstances like recession or even a global pandemic. In this episode, we speak to Daniel Farber of HLC Equity.
Our gracious sponsor:
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Daniel details how HLC Equity survives decades in the business and what they have learned over the years. Daniel emphasizes the importance of protecting the business from any downside. He says it is crucial to properly capitalize your deals as well as having relatively resilient asset classes. Daniel also gives importance to having a long-term outlook of the business and personal connections with your investors. He then tells us about their hybrid management operating model and brand called Layers. Tune in and find out the secret to last in the real estate industry!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Daniel talks about HLC Equity, a multigenerational real estate investment firm.
- What Daniel and his business learned over the years about investing and what has changed.
- Daniel shares how they prepare for a downturn.
- How to capitalize well when you have a new project?
- Daniel details their hybrid management operating model and brand called Layers.
- What helped Daniel and HLC Equity get prepared for the pandemic?
- What’s the next big change for HLC Equity?
- Will Daniel and HLC Equity focus on multifamily now?
- The daily habits that helped Daniel achieved success.
- Daniel’s best source for meeting new investors right now.
- The number one thing that contributed to Daniel’s success.
- How does Daniel like to give back?
- Tips on bringing in good people to your team.
“We don’t know what the future is gonna hold. We protect our downside and hopefully, we buy well over the long term.”
“Never be overconfident on what you’re investing in, at the same time, you know, you’ve got to be prepared.”
“Try to surround yourself with the best people, both in terms of ethics and in terms of, you know, striving in life.”
“It’s important to have a vision and be genuine about that vision.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Daniel Farber
Daniel is responsible for leading the executive management teams on strategy and execution of growth for HLC Equity’s investment portfolio, and leading the groups operating businesses and brands. Prior to his current role, Daniel led the group’s strategy and execution of transitioning HLC Equity from a private holding group into an institutional level sponsor of investment opportunities by developing HLC Equity’s co-investment platform, while also expanding the group’s legacy investment portfolio and operating businesses. Prior to entering the real estate investment business, Daniel worked as a strategic consultant to large multinational corporations including Unicredit Bank and the Renova Group, and has also served as a consultant to large political organizations. Daniel served in the Israel Defense Forces as a Staff Sergeant, holds a BA in Government Diplomacy and Strategy from the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya Israel, a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Business from Columbia University in New York, and a Master of Science in Real Estate Development from New York University. He is a Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: