Raising capital is a crucial step in syndication and it is not as easy as it sounds. For a Canada-based real estate investor, he had to go through several rejections before he finally discovered the right formula to raise capital without rejection. Today, we pick the brain of Dave Dubeau and he tells us how he effectively raises capital.
How to Start Investing in Multifamily Real Estate
If you’re interested in multifamily real estate but don’t know where to begin, our guide “How to Start Investing in Multifamily Real Estate” breaks down everything you need to know about identifying good investments plus real world examples. Download your copy in the show notes or visit lifebridgecapital.com/startnow to start your journey in multifamily real estate.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Dave has raised millions for his own deals and has helped his clients cumulatively raise hundreds of millions for their own deals. Dave details what intelligent marketing is about and how you can do it as well. Dave emphasizes the importance of having a genuine connection with people, especially those who reply to you. Dave’s philosophy in marketing real estate is this – encourage people to reach out to you instead of you chasing after them. Click the play button now and learn the best way to effectively raise capital!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Dave shares his journey in real estate and what his focus is.
- Dave walks us through the intelligent marketing he did to be able to raise capital.
- Why don’t you need to chase after your investors?
- The 3 step warm-up campaign – reconnecting with people, replying to people, and the transition message.
- What to do if people didn’t reply to your proposal email?
- Dave talks about the importance of having a good investor presentation.
- Why you need to make your marketing material simple, educational, and entertaining.
- Dave’s philosophy on raising capital without rejection – encourages people to reach out to us instead of you chasing after them.
- The biggest mistake Dave sees in marketing material – it’s boring.
- Dave shares about their in-house customer relationship management (CRM).
- Dave explains why you don’t need to have a ton of deals on your belt to start raising capital.
- Why having a conversation upfront with investors is a key to success?
- The daily habits that help Dave achieve success.
- Dave’s best source for meeting new investors.
- The number one thing that contributed to Dave’s success – persistence.
- How does Dave like to give back?
“If you got a good deal, go out there and turn every conversation into a real estate conversation.” [0:03:18]
“Your investors, even if it’s really a good deal, it kinda turns them off if you’re kinda chasing after them.” [0:07:09]
“Have a genuine connection with those people when they reply back out to you.” [0:10:24]
“Keep it (marketing materials) pretty simple, keep it edutaining – a little bit educational, a little bit entertaining.” [0:14:30]
“My whole philosophy about raising capital without rejection revolves around this – that we do all this marketing and we encourage people to reach out to us instead of us chasing after them.” [0:15:04]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Dave Dubeau
Dave Dubeau is a Real Estate Entrepreneur, Best-Selling Author, Speaker, and Investor Attraction Expert based in Beautiful British Columbia, Canada. He began his real estate investing career in 2003 doing 18 deals in 18 months. He later switched his focus to client-first rent-to-own deals, and nowadays he invests in multi-family (apartment building) properties. For the last several years Dave has been a leading authority on helping mom n pop real estate investors to find money partners and raise capital. Using his proprietary 5 Step Money Partner Formula™, Dave helps his real estate entrepreneur clients to grow their portfolios significantly and in record time by attracting investors (instead of chasing after them).
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: