Many people started investing in real estate while still doing their W2 job. One real estate investor said he started in the industry while he was still on active duty in the military. In this episode, we speak to Noel Walton, co-founder and general partner in ‘The Joint Chiefs of Real Estate’ (JCORE) Partners. The Joint Chiefs of Real Estate Partners is a team of multi-family investors with each member representing a different branch of the military.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Noel shares how he and his wife started investing in the single-family unit then to multifamily. Noel also shares how he partnered up with his military colleagues to invest in real estate. Noel emphasizes the importance of networking and building trust with your investors. He also details how he uses LinkedIn to grow his business. Click the play button now and be inspired to kick start your real estate career today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Noel shares his journey in real estate – investing in single-family to multifamily while serving in the military.
- Noel discusses how he and his wife are working together for their real estate investments.
- How ‘The Joint Chiefs of Real Estate’ (JCORE) Partners was formed?
- How did Noel and his partners figure out what roles each person will have?
- Noel talks about the asset class that they are focused on right now.
- Noel shares how they handle investors’ relations – networking and building trust.
- Noel gives tips on how to get in front of investors.
- How to use Clubhouse to build a network?
- What is the hardest part of Noel’s real estate journey?
- Things that Noel learned in his first real estate deal – start developing relationships, build your teams early.
- How does Noel prepare for a possible downturn?
- Noel’s predictions in the real estate market over the next six to twelve months.
- Noel’s best source for meeting new investors – LinkedIn.
- What is a messaging campaign?
- The daily habit that helps Noel achieve success.
- The number one thing that contributed to Noel’s success.
- How does Noel like to give back? Provide homes to veterans.
“Trust is the number one thing, and people need to know who you are and they have to like you, trust you.” [0:12:19]
“I have a passion for educating. I love to…as people ask me questions, I can go on for days.” [0:14:13]
“Before getting into a deal, start developing relationships, start building your team early on.” [0:18:39]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Noel Walton
Noel Walton is Co-Founder and General Partner in ‘The Joint Chiefs of Real Estate’ (JCORE) Partners, a team of multi-family investors with each member representing a different branch of the military. He is an Army Aviation Officer with over 20 years of combined military service.
He and his wife Claudia began real estate investing in 2011 in Single-Family Rentals and Flips. They soon realized that to reach their financial goals they would need to scale much larger, and so they began investing in multifamily assets in January 2020.
They are now invested in 190 units as GP/JV and 222 as LPs. Noel draws from his experience in past investments and his skills in decision making, risk management, and team leadership as a UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot and military officer.
Their goal is to invest as GPs in 500 units this year and use the JCORE Partners’ victories to support organizations assisting homeless and struggling veterans.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: