Whether you are an active or passive investor, investing in industrial real estate is a good option for you to diversify your portfolio. In this episode, we speak to Chad Griffiths who is focused on investing in that particular asset class. Chad has over 15 years of experience in industrial real estate and has completed over 500 transactions with clients ranging from local companies to large institutional owners.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Chad defines to us what industrial real estate is and named its three types – distribution centers, manufacturing, and flex properties. Chad says it is important for an investor to fully understand the asset class to be able to maximize its potential. Chad says industrial real estate is perfect for investors who are looking for a stable asset class that has produced very steady returns, consistent rent growth for many quarters, and without the volatility. Tune in now and find out if this asset class fits you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Chad shares his journey in real estate.
- What is industrial real estate – distribution centers, manufacturing, and flex properties.
- Why invest in industrial rather than multifamily or another asset class?
- Is industrial real estate less competitive?
- Chad elaborates on what investors need to know about the industrial property and the tenant.
- Chad says no two industrial tenants will have the exact same requirements.
- Chad gave examples of the most desirable industrial properties – warehouses.
- Chad discusses tenant turnover in industrial real estate.
- What are custom-built properties?
- How does Chad prepare for a downturn in industrial real estate?
- Chad’s predictions in industrial real estate over the next 6 to 12 months.
- The number one thing that contributed to Chad’s success – relationships.
- How does Chad like to give back?
“It (industrial real estate) is a stable asset class that has produced very steady returns, consistent rent growth for many quarters, and without the volatility.” [0:06:21]
“I’d say industrial real estate should scare people. I legitimately believe that having a healthy amount of fear and skepticism about entering the market is actually good.” [0:07:36]
“No two industrial tenants will have the exact same requirements.” [0:10:18]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Chad Griffiths
Chad Griffiths has 15+ years of experience in industrial real estate and has completed over 500 transactions with clients ranging from local companies to large institutional owners. Chad has been a top 15 producer country-wide since 2013 and is a partner with his local firm.
In addition to earning SIOR and CCIM designations, Chad has a Diploma in Urban Land Economics from UBC and an MBA from Thompson Rivers University.
Chad has given numerous interviews locally and nationally regarding the commercial real estate market and has had articles published in Forbes, Western Investor, and Real Estate Magazine. Recently, Chad started a channel on YouTube about industrial real estate where he shares his knowledge and passion for the industry.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: