People have different reasons to aim for success in life, career, or business. We have different motivations to be better and for some, that motivation is their family. In part two of this four-part series, Whitney Sewell and his wife, Chelsea, talk about the role of their whole family in the success of their real estate business.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Whitney and Chelsea emphasize the importance of overcommitting and having everyone in the family onboard your goal to succeed. Chelsea says she considers the time they all need to focus and work to achieve their goals as a fruitful working time. Whitney also details how he had to go above and beyond to make everything happen, including mounting a daily podcast show. Chelsea also shares the importance of thinking long-term, being transparent to your children, and how God makes all things possible. Click the play button now and learn the wisdom of having your family take part in your real estate success.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Whitney emphasizes the importance of overcommitting.
- Whitney shares his struggles re-starting his real estate journey and starting the podcast.
- Chelsea talks about the time she considered a fruitful working time she and her family had.
- Chelsea shares how God guided their marriage and their family.
- Chelsea talks about the importance of being transparent to your children about the situation of the family.
- Whitney elaborates how he did the first episodes of the podcasts and traveled a lot to attend conferences.
- Whitney explains why they need to say “no” to many good things during the time they were re-starting out in the real estate business and podcasts.
- Chelsea shares how thinking long-term helped them overcome struggles.
- Why is the real estate journey a team effort for the whole family?
- The financial burden of adoption.
- Whitney talks about the expenses of producing daily shows.
- Whitney explains why stopping the podcast was not an option.
- Whitney talks about their failed placement for their third adoption.
- Chelsea talks about how God made things possible and how they were able to adopt their third child.
- Whitney elaborates how his friend Ben Hanford helped him with fundraising to provide for their adoption.
“I really think that God made our time so fruitful.” – Chelsea Sewell
“I think only through God can you come away from a time like that and be stronger. Because of Him, we did.” – Chelsea Sewell
“Thinking long-term was really hopeful for us.” – Chelsea Sewell
“It (real estate journey) is a team effort.” – Whitney Sewell
“I think kids are also really resilient.” – Chelsea Sewell
“He (God) will make a way. Sometimes it seems last minute, but God is always on time.” – Chelsea Sewell
“Just numerous times that the Lord provided and we don’t have a good way to explain how it happened but He did.” – Whitney Sewell
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Whitney and Chelsea Sewell
Founder of Life Bridge Capital LLC, Whitney began his real estate investing career in 2009. Whitney’s passion is working with investors, helping them secure financial security via the exceptional opportunities that multifamily syndication offers. Whitney hosts The Real Estate Syndication Show, a daily podcast where he has now interviewed over 850 experts providing cutting-edge tools and strategies of the syndication business. Whitney and his wife Chelsea are on a mission to help other families through the process of adoption. They have personally endured the financial burdens that the process puts on families and have committed 50% of their profits to this goal. Whitney and Chelsea have three children by adoption.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: