Our guest for today, Tyler Goble, served in the USMC infantry and is currently still active duty. He and his wife are making a huge impact in the struggle against modern-day slavery. In this episode, Tyler shares how his real estate business became the means to support their mission and passion to help many victims in human trafficking.
A Guide to Passively Investing in Commercial Real Estate
Get your free Copy of “A Guide to Passively Investing in Commercial Real Estate”. Inside you’ll learn the basics of passive income and real estate syndication, what kind of returns you can expect, how to find a sponsor and how to evaluate the risks. Download your copy in the show notes or visit lifebridgecapital.com/investbetter to start your investment journey.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Tyler started investing in real estate before he got married. He bought a house and rented out the rooms to his friends. He never really had a huge desire to make a business out of it. But coming from a Christian background, he understood the Biblical principle of generosity. After getting married they learned about Unbound, a human trafficking non-profit organization. Out of their desire to help, Tyler discovered how quickly he can scale in real estate to support this worthy cause. Tune in to know more about their amazing and inspiring journey!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Tyler shares how he and his wife started out their real estate business and the big reason behind it.
- Tyler discovered how quickly you can leverage real estate to make an impact which is why they decided to do it full-time five years ago.
- Tyler shares how he manages his time doing two full-time jobs and caring for his family.
- Really focusing on what your true mission releases you from the pressure of the need to gain profits.
- Letting go with some control and giving out equity might mean losing a little bit of money but will help you achieve and give more in the long run.
- Tyler explains how sharing his mission of fighting human trafficking through their real estate business makes it easier for them to get people interested and involved and helps them in expanding their network.
- If people see that you truly believe in your mission and you actually do it, they would want to support you.
- When you start off the conversation by sharing why you do it, people would not feel like they’re losing money when they invest in your business. The conversation changes to how they can support your cause whether by investing or by giving directly.
- Tyler shares his daily habits that have helped him achieve success.
- For Tyler, reading the Bible every morning and journaling is a big factor to his success. It’s encouraging for him to read back on his journals over the years and see how something that he was worried about back then got resolved afterwards.
- How does Tyler like to give back?
“I had a misconception that you need to be Bill Gates in order to have any sort of difference to charity, you need to be able to give away 100,000 a pop and build the building for somebody and give it away for free, heading for an impact. But when we gave that money to [Unbound], for $5000 we were able to employ a full-time worker who just sits on the border between Mongolia and China, and all they do is just grab people that are being sold in slavery in China.” [0:08:53]
“Once I saw the power of how quickly you can leverage real estate to really make an impact, that was really what pushed my wife and I out of the nest into deciding to do this thing full-time, and not just make it a hobby. It was the realization that we didn’t want to wait five years to have an impact. We wanted to make an impact right now.” [0:10:06]
“I think in the Christian community, there’s a misconception that making a bunch of money is wrong, and business is bad and all those different things. But when we have such a Kingdom-oriented focus … it’s not just about us, it’s truly about the Kingdom involved, about trying to end human slavery in the world, that’s why it’s easier for us to justify a lot of what we’re doing and keep ourselves oriented on that North Star and pointed in one direction.” [0:10:51]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Tyler Goble
Tyler Goble is a data driven real estate investor who is fighting human trafficking alongside Unbound Now, a nonprofit based out of Waco, TX, whose impact is global in the struggle against modern day slavery. He attended the United States Naval Academy where he played football and majored in Quantitative Economics. Following graduation, Tyler served in the USMC infantry and is currently still active duty, getting his master’s degree in Operations Research at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: