Steven Pesavanto thinks that everyday people can have the ability to quickly decide where to invest their money. He believes that syndicated real estate is the best way to invest and it is a key part of a diversified portfolio. It holds the idea of doubling your money with a fairly low standard deviation of risk. Whereas with the stock market, people have no idea about what they’re investing in and rely greatly on some third party to make important decisions for them.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, Steven discusses several advantages of choosing real estate syndication over other forms of passive income investments. He explains that when an investor partners with a syndicator, the investor is spared of all the work that the syndicator goes through such as sourcing a deal, acquisition, overwriting, and more. He also shares some things to do and questions to ask to find the best partner who shares the same values. Tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Stop saying no to the things he was afraid of made him decide that real estate is where he wants to go.
- Once you invest your money in the right way, especially in real estate, it will surely return to you.
- What are the challenges of the stock market?
- In real estate, there’s not the same amount of volatility.
- The power of passive investing is really around this idea of partnership.
- Most people are in a position where they want the return, they want the benefits of real estate, but they don’t actually want to become the expert.
- The most important thing for you to decide before you even get into going on finding a sponsor is, what do you want and why do you want it?
- What are the questions you should ask a sponsor?
- What would a passive investor like to know about how the operator prepares for a downturn?
- The best place for investors to meet great sponsors is listening to phenomenal podcasts, going out to follow them, getting a chance to get to know them and going to events.
- The number one thing that contributed to Steven’s success is relationships.
“The big benefits about real estate is that obviously it’s a hard asset. This is something that is physically present, it’s tied directly to that asset and over a historic long period of time, the asset values continue to rise, so as long as you look at things from a longer term perspective, five plus years, three plus years, you’re in a fairly secure environment. [0:08:05]
“Real estate, in my eyes, should be kind of a core piece, taking up a significant portion [of your investments] because it’s something that you can truly understand. It’s a fairly simple business. And then when you find those right partners, great things can happen.” [0:08:39]
“As an investor, I want to understand what the sponsor is really targeting and why that is the strategy that they’re going with…What it shows me is what their beliefs are, how they look at the market, and I want to understand if those match up with my values, because as a passive investor, you’re going to have some values that are important. I love to be able to invest and know that I’m also making an impact. So, when I can find opportunities that I know that I’m also making an impact, I’m even more compelled.” [0:19:27]
“I think the number one thing that’s contributed to my success is relationships. I really believe the power of partnership is the strongest path of success that’s both for you active investors out there as well as for you passive investors. I really believe that life is full of abundance and that if we come from that perspective of how we can be a value and service to one another, that great things will happen.” [0:25:21]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Steven Pesavento
Steven Pesavento is a real estate entrepreneur and Managing Partner of VonFinch Capital. Investing full time since 2016, he’s completed over 200 transactions, renovated nearly 100 houses and transacted over $26,000,000 in residential investment real estate. Steven’s investors have entrusted him with over $11 million of investor capital, delivering solid consistent returns.
A former Management Consultant for some of the Fortune 500’s top companies, he brings his years of process improvement, marketing and sales experiences to every project.
Host of the top ranked podcast the Investor Mindset he interviews some of the smartest minds & authors like Chris Voss – Never Split The Difference, Jay Papasan – One Thing, Joe Fairless – Best Ever Podcast, Mark Manson – Subtle Art of Not Giving A F&#k and many others.
When Steven isn’t focused on serving his passive investing or real estate entrepreneur clients, he enjoys running, snowboarding, salsa dancing, kiteboarding, and taking on new travel adventures.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: