George Roberts talks about his interesting background as a bio-scientist and then moved on to computer science, then to construction, and then syndication. His love for business has led him down to different paths. Now, he’s doing what he loves most – the real estate business.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
George had a small beginning, but he has become very successful. In this episode, he’s going to share with us how he did it and what he and his team are doing as they continue to expand their business. George is a principal at Horizon Multifamily which is focused on value-add opportunities in Central Florida.
Key Points From This Episode:
- George Roberts came from bioscience to computer science to construction before he went to real estate syndication.
- He started small with just a 14-unit deal in Orlando but it gave them a lot of credibility which made it easier for them to branch out.
- You would know it’s a good partnership by the quality of relationship that you build with your investors or other syndicators.
- How are they raising the money for their project?
- Where have they had the most success in raising money for their deals?
- What are his predictions for the next 6-12 months in the real estate business?
- How does he prepare for a downturn?
- What has contributed most to his success?
- How does he like to give back?
“You’ve got to take action. I would say try to start big and if you find that big deal, go bring on a sponsor, and if you don’t, whatever you do, if the numbers work, take it, and that small step is a bigger step than you realize.” [0:07:19.00]
“When you’re starting, sometimes you have to take those deals with so-called hair on them because you gotta find the financial, the wedge.” [0:12:25:00]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About George Roberts
George Roberts III is owner of Walnut Grove Homes, LLC, a residential construction company based in Troy, Michigan which reached seven-figure status in 2021. He is also an apartment owner and a Principal at Horizon Multifamily which is focused on acquiring value-add opportunities in Central Florida. He has also been a single-family landlord, a hard money lender and a passive investor in real estate syndications. He is the host of “The Foundery – Where Leaders are Forged Daily!”, a podcast devoted to entrepreneurship focused on syndication as well as both active and passive multifamily real estate investment.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: