Building generational wealth with intent and impacting communities in a positive way is part of what we call social impact investing. In this episode, we speak to Nicole Gauthier of Wicked Holdings and she details why and how she advocated for this specific kind of investment.
Our Gracious Sponsor
How do you make sure that you are investing with a “good” operator? Dan Handford and his wife are currently invested in 54 different passive real estate syndications with 16 different operators in 10,000+ doors. They use this exact list when deciding whether or not to invest with a particular group. Get access to the “7 Red Flags for Passive Real Estate Investing” to be confident in your next investment! https://www.passiveinvesting.com/redflags/
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Today, Nicole talks about the ins and out of social impact investing. She generously shares her story and how she was inspired to create an impact while investing in real estate. She elaborates on how to identify areas that need impact investing and she emphasizes that real estate is a long-term game and you have to have your “why”. Her tip on talking with brokers, be quick and accurate in your responses to them. Click the play button now and learn more about social impact investing!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Nicole talks about her background as an accountant for the energy sector and how she got into real estate investing.
- What is the first deal that Nicole invested in?
- Nicole talks about the larger commercial real estate she got involved in as an LP.
- Nicole’s experience as a co-GP.
- What is social impact investing?
- How does Nicole identify the zip codes that need impact investing?
- What is Nicole’s goal with her investment company – Wicked Holdings?
- The steps in achieving social impact: developing a lot of connections with nonprofit organizations and helping develop infrastructure in the communities.
- How does Nicole plan to scale in terms of her deals?
- What are the ways to effectively communicate with brokers?
- The biggest challenge that Nicole faces in making her goal a reality is finding the right people.
- Mindset and having the right mentality in this business are crucial in making your goals a reality.
- What are the tools that Nicole uses in her business?
- The daily habit that helped Nicole achieve success.
“Social impact investing means, to me, is making a direct impact and a direct influence in other people’s lives. So, I know that there are people that are out there that love to give to charities, and they love to write them checks or they have donor/sponsor funds, and whatnot. And, I think those are amazing things to do. However, I feel like for me, personally, I really like to know the residents and the communities. I really like to understand the history behind people.” [0:06:06]
“My goal is really to just make a difference. To empower other individuals to learn the business. I think that there’s been, throughout history and time, a lack of resources in trying to really create generational wealth for our family. And for me, that just means being the one that can educate other people in the space.” [0:09:14]
“The biggest challenge is just finding the right people, (and) I think that making those connections because I am focused on making a social impact and really trying to get out there and do positive things in the community.” [0:12:52]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Nicole Gauthier
Nicole Gauthier is the founder of Wicked Holdings, a real estate investment company focused on social impact investing. She focuses on multifamily investing (apartments,) but is also on a mission to create a portfolio as generational wealth and teachable moments for her kids and family.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: