Raising private money from investors has been the bane of many syndicators. Because let’s face it, searching for a constant stream of interested inventors is no easy task. So, how can you sustain investor support and have a constant flow of capital for your deals? An excellent investor experience is key, says Brandon Cobb.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Vox Valens Media
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In today’s episode, returning guest Brandon Cobb, owner and partner at HBG Capital, shares how his company identified their target demographic and placed systems and processes for cultivating relationships and delivering to their investors. With their investor experience roadmap, capital raising for their development projects has become easier. Listen now and find out Brandon’s secret sauce for providing great experiences for their investors. In addition, learn about the layers of insulation that they build for a recession-resistant business model.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why Brandon transitioned to syndication after successfully flipping and wholesaling homes.
- How joining a mastermind equipped Brandon to grow and scale his syndication business.
- Systems and processes that Brandon learned to cultivate relationships with investors and bring on new capital.
- Creating and putting out content that answers the needs of Brandon’s target demographic.
- What platforms and tech tools does Brandon use to efficiently reach out to investors?
- What’s the strongest platform that Brandon suggests to take advantage of?
- Why having an investor experience roadmap is crucial in capital raising.
- Brandon’s current business model and why their strategies are driven by the expectation of another 2008 housing market crash.
- What layers of insulation does Brandon’s company place between their business and the market to weather economic recessions?
- Brandon’s best source for meeting new investors and the metrics that he tracks.
“If you don’t feel confident in yourself and in your abilities in the deal, it is not time to use other people’s money.”
“Who is it that you serve best at the highest level?”
“A lot of it is referral base. That’s the strongest platform I think you can take advantage of. So build campaigns around asking for referrals.”
“Most of the new capital raised comes from our existing investor base. And why is that? It’s because we give them a great experience.”
“We want (the investors) to feel like they’re part of that investment and we try to make it fun, too. At the very end of the day, people want to spend money on things that are fun.”
“You wanna put as many layers of insulation between you and the market as possible.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brandon Cobb
Brandon is the owner and partner of HBG Capital, a vertically integrated real estate firm providing investors with superior risk-adjusted returns and downside principal protection backed by real assets in the residential single-family construction sector in Middle TN, and Commercial Multifamily Acquisitions in the southeast. HBG Capital’s construction arm – HBG Construction, executes ground-up new developments, land development, and residential property rehabilitation in Middle TN.
Brandon was a former sports medicine medical device sales rep before becoming a licensed GC in TN managing $16 Million+ of new development annually and active ownership in $33 million in commercial real estate. He was featured on the cover of REI Wealth magazine, Realty 411 Magazine, and has been quoted and published in Forbes magazine.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: