Getting into the commercial real estate space is not a walk in the park. Today, our guest Brendan Chisholm of BKC Holdings discusses how they were able to go from zero to 153 units in 15 months! He also details how he’s focusing on acquiring distressed and value-add commercial real estate in emerging markets across the country.
Our Gracious Sponsor
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Brendan shares how he first got into real estate syndication, the resources that helped him get into the space, and how networking has helped him solidify his business. He also talks about the importance of marketing one’s self by telling people what you do, staying front and center with potential investors despite the circumstances, and the importance of communication within your team. Enjoy the show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What made Brendan venture into real estate syndication?
- What resources have helped Brendan as he was starting in the real estate space?
- Brendan shares how networking helped him grow his business.
- Brendan walks us through the process of closing his first deal.
- How did Brendan start marketing himself?
- The systems and processes that Brendan has for his team help them to run their business smoothly.
- Brendan shares why he ventured into commercial real estate.
- Brendan’s advice to those who are getting into syndication.
- The daily habit that helps Brendan to achieve success is journaling.
“You never know who you’re gonna meet when you go to any of these meetups. You think most meetups are geared towards fix and flippers, and wholesalers, and I pick up a relationship that’s been very fruitful for myself as well as my business partner.”
“It helps that you have a deal under your belt.”
“During Covid, when deals were slow, I started writing a newsletter about commercial real estate, and people [were] like, ‘I didn’t realize that you got into commercial real estate, multifamily.’ It’s being able to stay front and center regardless if you have a deal or not.”
“To get active in the space, educate yourself. Learn as much as possible. Be a sponge.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brendan Chisholm
Brendan is a Real Estate Syndicator with a core focus on Asset Management. A General Partner for 123 units in the past 16 months, and a limited partner for 335+ units, he is growing his portfolio by focusing on acquiring distressed and value-add Commercial Real Estate in emerging markets across the United States. In parallel to his work in real estate, he also works for Verizon, where he is tasked with securing large-scale access, marketing, and bulk agreements to Multi-family developers and property managers.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: