It is reasonable to feel anxious about investing in a project that one has never seen such as in the likes of out-of-state investing. In this #Highlights episode, we look back at our conversations with real estate entrepreneurs Logan Freeman and Jay Tenenbaum. The two talk about everything you need to know about out-of-state investing.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Logan helps us understand how out-of-state investments work and how to do it successfully. Meanwhile, Jay talks about how he successfully invested in mortgage notes in out-of-state properties and managed an out-of-state rental port. Click the play button and start learning about out-of-state investing!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Logan elaborates on the four things that out-of-state investors need to know.
- The need to have clear expectations.
- Why is communication important?
- Why do you need to think about the agency you are working with?
- Logan says everything should be clear upfront when investing out-of-state.
- Jay shares how he got into mortgage note investing.
- Jay explains why he focuses on secondary markets.
- What are the risks of non-performing notes? How long can you expect a return when you invest in a note?
- Jay discusses foreclosures and how it affects investment.
- Jay shares his key to success in managing his out-of-state investments – building a strong team.
“When I tell my friends, family, whoever, what I do is they say, ‘You go buy houses and apartments?’ I said, ‘No, I buy income streams.’ That’s what we purchased.” – Logan Freeman
“The key to success (in out-of-state investing) is building a strong team.” – Jay Tenenbaum
“Your team building usually starts with finding that good realtor who likes working with investors, who has the connections or their own contracting crew already.” – Jay Tenenbaum
About Logan Freeman
Logan is a real estate investor, developer, and agent who has found his niche in the industry acting as an investment property specialist and actually representing buyers instead of sellers in the transaction process.
Logan has also completed multiple joint venture projects, and equity partnerships and works as a developer. Completing over 120 transactions in less than a year, Logan has found a process and relies on his most valuable priorities to guide his profit-producing activities.
Logan is a husband, and father to a brand new baby girl. Logan is located in Kansas City Missouri and can be found at livefreeinvestments.com
About Jay Tenenbaum
In his career, Jay has acquired over 450 distressed mortgage notes and real property in more than 30 states. Jay attributes his success and expertise to his ability to effectively integrate 20 years of experience as a former debt collection professional. Jay’s legal know-how and achievement in resolution in turning non-performing assets into positive cash flow give him an unmatched perspective in this field. He is a nationally recognized speaker and expert in discounted mortgages and real estate investing. Jay is a sought-after speaker at investment conferences across the country for his proficiency in these topics.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: