Buying properties as long as it cash flows is one of the philosophies of our guest today – Wagner Nolasco. In this episode, Wagner helps us understand and explore the world of build-to-rent communities (BTR). He sheds light on how these communities operate, the benefits they offer, and how individuals can get involved.
Our Gracious Sponsor:
DEAL ANALYSIS WORKSHOP
Deal Analysis. The #1 Critical Skill EVERY Multifamily Investor MUST know!
Want to take your investing career to the next level? Then check out Think Multifamily’s Deal Analysis Workshop.
For more information, go to www.ThinkMultifamily.com/daw.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Listen in as he also discusses the process of building and selling land for rental purposes or multifamily syndication. He even shares his insights into what an individual can do with the land they’ve built on and whether to use it as a turnkey rental or sell it to a multifamily syndicator. Tune in now and hear the best advice he can give so you can own multi-million worth of properties as well!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Wagner’s background and how he got started in real estate.
- How many lots does Wagner have land banked right now?
- The entitlement process and why is it one of the most painful things you go through.
- Why you’re only as good as your last project.
- How much does the entitlement cost per lot in Build To Rent (BTR)?
- Wagner’s philosophy of weekly pay for contractors and the benefits of building more for the companies.
- How loyalty and subcontractors saved Wagner and his business during COVID?
- The process of building on land and creating a valuable asset that can be sold or rented out.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using a building as a turnkey rental property and how to price and manage it effectively.
- The process of selling land to a multifamily syndicator, its benefits, and how to navigate its complexities.
- How does having a clear exit strategy in place can help investors make informed decisions and achieve their long-term goals?
- The best advice Wagner can give with the market’s state right now.
“Loyalty is definitely something you want to carry over in the building industry because you’re only as good as your last job.” – Wagner Nolasco
“When I have an opportunity to sit on the other side of the table, I’m gonna do things differently” – Wagner Nolasco
“We pay our subcontractors every week, we don’t wait for 30, 45-day draws requisitions, we actually pay them on a weekly basis. It just gives them more perspective, value. And we really appreciate everything they do for us.” – Wagner Nolasco
“The best cash flowing asset that I have is some single-family homes, we own multifamily, we have delivered Josh over $700 million of properties that are ready to investors.” – Wagner Nolasco
“We’re very proud to be here and to be able to help not only the mom-and-pop because those are definitely important for us and that’s where my heart is. But also institutional buyers to find quality properties that are going to give them the cash flow they expect.” – Wagner Nolasco
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Wagner Nolasco
Wagner Nolasco has 20+ Years as a Real Estate Investor, Developer, and Builder. He is the founder of Built 2 Rent Direct, a one-stop source for investors who want to buy real estate. He is also the co-author of THINK BIG!, an Amazon bestselling book that brings you story after story of overcoming, growth, and transformation from entrepreneurs, professionals, real estate investors, entertainers, speakers, and more.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: