In this #Highlights episode, we look back at our conversations with Bill Ham and Christian Osgood. Over the last 15 years, Bill Ham has created a large portfolio of multifamily assets, and his first 400 units were all acquired using creative financing. He shares the number one way to get seller financing, how to structure your deals, and different creative ways to buy real estate.
Our Generous Sponsor:
Podcasting You is the go-to company if you’re looking to grow your real estate business in 2023. They have worked with hundreds of investors to secure guest placements on thousands of podcasts so they can raise more capital, generate brand awareness, and increase their credibility. Interested? Go to podcastingyou.com/syndication to book your FREE discovery call.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Many investors, like Christian Osgood, build their portfolios not just through syndications, but also through innovative methods like creative financing. Christian highlights his multifamily investing journey and the creative way he used to buy a resort property. Enjoy the show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Bill shares the details of his first syndicated seller financing deal.
- The number one way to get seller financing: When the seller has an issue, resolve it!
- How to structure the deal so it works for both you and the seller financing it: give on price, take on terms.
- Bill shares examples of creative financing options: seller financing and master lease options.
- The SPY Technique (Seller, Property, You) and why you should keep it in this order.
- How to approach the seller or a realtor: some techniques and tips that will help you succeed.
- How Christian succeeded at acquiring 100 multifamily units without syndication.
- What are his negotiating tactics?
- What is Christian’s strategy to level up his investments?
- How did Christian structure the deal to purchase a resort?
“It’s by using this lens of creativity that we can look at a deal, dissect the deal, dissect the seller and say, “What’s really the motivation here, what’s going on?” And can we create an offer that is a problem-solving offer?” -Bill Ham
“The number one way we’re going to get creative financing is when a seller has an issue that we can come in and solve.” -Bill Ham
“Every time we do something, we meet someone at the next level, who’s done what we want to do.” -Christian Osgood
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Bill Ham
Formerly a private jet pilot for a world-renowned surgeon, Bill Ham left the corporate aviation life and started his real estate career with a single duplex and a dream. Over more than 15 years, he grew that company to include more than 1,500 units spread over the state of Georgia, along with a thriving Property Management Company. Bill is the author of two Amazon best-selling books Real Estate Raw and Creative Cash.
About Christian Osgood
Christian Osgood is the co-founder and owner of Multifamily Strategy LLC. He left his sales position with CoStar Group to concentrate on real estate investing full-time at only 29. He used his knowledge in creative investing to successfully build a portfolio of more than 100 multifamily units.
Christian earned a degree in Business Administration, Management, and Operations from Washington State University, and earned certificates in real estate finance and commercial real estate from the NAIOP.
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: