Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, Whitney interviews Dan Handford, Founder, Handford Capital and host of the Tough Decisions for Entrepreneurs podcast. Dan reveals some great Tips on how to successfully raise capital for a syndication project. We delve into the benefits of cost segregation, and how this accelerated depreciation can help drive down costs for large real estate projects. What is a non-recourse loan? And, what is the best way to network with HNI’s and get them to invest with you? This episode is loaded with some great substance for new and established players alike. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – Whitney introduces Dan to listeners
- 00:53 – Dan’s background and why he transitioned into real estate syndication
- 01:44 – Learn how you can real estate depreciation cost segregation more benefit in larger properties
- 02:41 – Reasons why Dan prefers real estate syndication over other alternatives
- 03:20 – What is cost segregation?
- 04:23 – What is the probability of a correction in the real estate market? Dan explains how people might end up buying less and renting more
- 05:50 – Dan explains the concept of a non-recourse loan
- 08:02 – How to network and raise capital from HNI’s for your syndication business
- 10:29 – Will meetups help you find passive investors for your syndication business?
- 11:08 – Dan prefers attending networking events at private clubs
- 13:34 – How can inexperienced syndicators raise capital?
- 14:59 – Dan avoids hard selling to small investors who cannot invest for the long term
- 16:39 – The importance of establishing a good mentor-mentee relationship
- 19:14 – What is the biggest reason why real estate syndicators fail
- 20:50 – What is the biggest challenge co-sponsoring and partnering?
- 22:39 – Access this awesome webinar that explains how they look at a deal
- 25:11 – What is the #1 thing that you can do to improve your real estate syndication business?
- 25:53 – Dan shares his contact information
- 26:40 – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How cost segregation can help you save money on larger real estate deals
- The ART of networking and raising money from HNI’s
- The importance of developing a good mentor-mentee relationship
- Tough Decisions for Entrepreneurs podcast
- Handford Capital
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital