In this episode, Whitney interviews Matt Faircloth, Owner, The DeRosa Group and author of Raising Private Capital. Matt shares some great investment advice which can help inexperienced as well as seasoned syndicators raise money for their next project. Why is real estate investing preferred over stocks and mutual funds? How do you find and vet a real estate syndication attorney? Matt also reveals how time blocking and an A-grade team are critical contributors to success. Tune in for some great information.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:24 – Whitney introduces Matt to listeners
- 01:21 – How did Matt transition to real estate syndication?
- 02:21 – How do you know if you are ready to move on to bigger deals?
- 04:13 – Matt shares some great details about his book
- 05:20 – Reasons why real estate investing remains that preferred investment class
- 06:50 – Should you invest your IRA funds in real estate investing?
- 07:56 – How long will your money be tied up in a syndication project?
- 09:48 – Raising capital to get started in the real estate syndication business
- 13:27 – Do you need to be accredited in order to be in the syndication business?
- 14:31 – How to scout out a trustworthy real estate syndication attorney
- 15:13 – How much will it cost you to hire a real estate syndication attorney?
- 15:42 – Common questions that potential investors are likely to ask real estate syndicators
- 18:53 – Mistakes that every real estate syndication should avoid
- 21:53 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Matt’s success?
- 22:43 – Top reason why real estate syndicators fail
- 23:50 – Matt shares how time blocking allows him to better manage his business
- 25:33 – Working with top notch people has contributed immensely to Matt’s success
- 26:40 – Has Matt hired a VA to help him manage his business?
- 27:31 – Matt shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:03″] – Share, Subscribe and Review the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:39″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Reasons why real estate investing remains the preferred investment alternative
- Common objections raised by real estate investors, and how to overcome them
- How to scout out a reliable and trustworthy attorney for your syndication business
- DeRosa Group
- DeRosa Group’s YouTube Channel
- Raising Private Capital: Building Your Real Estate Empire Using Other People’s Money
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital