In this episode, Whitney interviews Brandon Hall, CEO and Founder of the Real Estate CPA and Principal, Naked Capital. Brandon shares some little known facets of the new tax law that can help real estate syndicators save taxes and improve ROI. Why should you opt for a cost segregation study in the first year of your investment? Is your syndication business subject to business interest limitation? How do you vet a CPA for your syndication business? This episode is loaded with some great information that will certainly help you and your business. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Whitney introduces Brandon Hall to listeners
- 01:35 – How did Brandon transition to real estate investing?
- 03:55 – When should a real estate syndicator need to get in touch with a CPA?
- 05:21 – Brandon shares a real life example to demonstrate how a CPA can save a syndicator thousands of dollars
- 07:38 – Little known facets of the new tax law that you should be aware of
- 08:05 – How a cost segregation study in the first year of your investment can help you save taxes via bonus depreciation
- 10:21 – Requirements to be classified as a “real estate professional”
- 12:10 – What are some of the tax saving tips that Brandon gives his clients?
- 13:56 – Is a syndication business subject to business interest limitation? And can you claim 100% bonus depreciation if your syndication business is subject to 100% business interest limitation?
- 18:18 – Expert Tips for vetting a CPA for your syndication business
- 20:00 – How to look good in front a potential investor and convince him to come onboard
- 22:34 – What is the #1 reason that real syndicators fail? We discuss the need for proper accounting practices
- 24:19 – Common characteristics of most successful real estate syndicators
- 25:25 – What is Brandon currently doing to improve his business?
- 27:03 – Brandon shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:45″] – Share, Subscribe and Review the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”27:51″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Reasons why a real estate syndicator should opt for a cost segregation study in the first year itself
- Little known tax saving tips for syndication businesses
- Why proper accounting practices are critical for running a sustainable syndication business
- Naked Capital
- Bigger Pockets
- Mid-Atlantic Summit
- The Real Estate CPA
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital