In this episode, Whitney interviews Andrew Campbell, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Wildhorn Capital. Andrew reveals some great Tips and Tricks for passive investors who wish to transition to active real estate syndication. Can you leverage broker relationships to find some good deals? How do you overcome objections to raise capital for your first deal? We also discuss the importance of conservative underwriting, having good property managers and a reliable on site team. Tune in for some great information!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces Andrew Campbell to listeners
- 01:26 – How did Andrew transition to real estate investing?
- 02:52 – Efficiencies and scale attracted Andrew to multifamily investing
- 04:30 – Andrew was working a full time job while investing in single family homes
- 06:06 – Andrew’s advice for folks who wish to transition to multifamily investing
- 07:02 – Details of the current project that Andrew is working on
- 08:01 – How did Andrew manage to find his current deal?
- 08:31 – Leveraging broker relationships can help you find great syndication deals
- 09:51 – How keeping it real is critical for fruitful networking
- 12:26 – The importance of being upfront and honest with brokers
- 13:31 – How to successfully overcome objections to raise capital for your first syndication deal
- 14:57 – How meeting 5 new people every week can do wonders for your business
- 16:03 – Tips and Tricks for inexperienced syndicators who wish to convince passive investors to come onboard
- 17:18 – Has switching to a CRM from Excel helped Andrew better manage his business?
- 18:25 – How solid processes and systems can help you improve operational efficiencies
- 20:07 – Andrew underlines the importance of a having a good property manager and an onsite team
- 21:02 – Top reason why real estate syndicators fail
- 21:36 – Conservative underwriting is critical for finding success in real estate syndication
- 23:18 – What is Andrew currently doing to improve his business?
- 24:11 – Andrew shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:37″] – Review, Subscribe and Share The Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:41″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The ART of raising capital for your first syndication deal
- Networking Tips for real estate syndicators
- The importance of having dependable property managers and an efficient onsite team