Listen to the podcast here:
In this show, Whitney interviews Nitzan Mosery, Managing Member and Asset Fund Manager Cornerstone Investment Partners LLC. Nitzan is involved in the acquisition, management and disposing of multifamily units ranging from 150-400 units. Nitzan reveals some little known nuances of the syndication business that will surely give you the competitive edge. Is investing in hotel and marinas more lucrative than multifamily syndication? What is a master lease, and what are its pros and cons? What is the workflow for unlocking value for a syndicated property? This show is loaded with some great business advice. Tune in and learn!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Whitney introduces Nitzan to listeners
- 01:20 – How did Nitzan transition to real estate syndication?
- 03:10 – Nitzan get mentored in order to enter the syndication business
- 04:25 – A combination of great partners, mentoring and education instills Nitzan with necessary confidence
- 05:58 – Nitzan explains why he chose to invest in the hotel and marina business
- 07:11 – Learn about Nitzan’s recent acquisition of a 240 room property in Memphis for $1.9 million
- 08:24 – Nitzan shares why acquiring a marina was a wise investment
- 09:48 – What is the most difficult part about the syndication business?
- 10:43 – Fostering relationships is critical for success in syndication
- 11:57 – Networking Tips and Tricks for overcoming challenges in capital raising
- 15:07 – Nitzan shares how he found and acquired his recent 44 unit deal; is it easier to acquire a smaller property in a hot real estate market?
- 16:09 – What is master lease?
- 16:26 – Learn how Nitzan is planning on unlocking value for his recent 44 unit deal by renovating, increasing rents and introducing individual leases
- 17:52 – Why did Nitzan opt for a master lease for his recent 44 unit deal?
- 19:21 – What is the likelihood of finding a master lease on a large multifamily property?
- 20:30 – Pros and cons of a master lease
- 22:43 – Top reason why syndicators fail
- 23:29 – What is the #1 thing that has contribute to Nitzan’s success
- 24:00 – Nitzan shares his contact information
- 25:33- Review and subscribe to the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:38″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why investing in hotels and marinas can be more lucrative than multifamily investing
- Nuances of a Master Lease, its pros and cons
- Modus Operandi for unlocking value for a syndicated property
- Nitzan’s Facebook Page
- Nitzan’s Email
- Cornerstone Investment Partners LLC
- The Traveling Investor Radio Show