Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, Whitney interviews John Lenhart, an attorney, entrepreneur and real estate investor since 2008. John invests in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. John reveals some great Tips for efficiently and profitably managing larger real estate properties. What are some effective ways of scaling up your syndication business to the next level? Is it worthwhile investing in storage facilities? You will also learn how you can use cost segregation to fully realize the benefits of depreciation and save money. Tune in for some excellent insights!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Phoenix Syndication Workshop 2019 is a premier 2-day educational and networking event hosted by noted real estate investors Ben Leybovich and Sam Grooms January 26 – 27, 2019.
Multifamily Investor Nation Investor Summit January 17-19, 2019 – 3 full days of content from over 50 expert speakers! Use code: WHITNEY for $100 OFF the FULL ACCESS PASS tickets!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces John to listeners
- 01:07 – How did John transition to real estate investing?
- 02:04 – Tips and Tricks for scaling up your real estate investing business
- 03:22 – Which is the largest multifamily property that John is currently invested in?
- 03:40 – Does John prefer to personally manage his larger properties?
- 04:25 – Systems and Processes necessary to manage larger real estate properties
- 06:33 – John shares his rationale for investing in storage facilities
- 08:07 – How to build and leverage work relationships with brokers to ensure good deal flow
- 09:51 – John reveals his future plans
- 11:17 – How seeing an entire deal through can help you build credibility in the marketplace
- 13:03 – Networking Tips and Tricks for building relationships with potential investors
- 15:07 – Resources that John is using to educate himself
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:54″] – Joe Fairless’s, Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February. Book now!
- 16:54 – What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business?
- 18:51 – How is improving his business? John shares how he using cost segregation to fully realize the benefits of depreciation
- 20:02 – What is a cost segregation, and how can it save you money?
- 23:26 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to John’s success?
- 24:28 – John shares his contact information
- 24:51 – Schedule a call with Whitney!
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:11″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to scale up and manage large real estate properties
- Why a credible track record is a prerequisite for good deal flow
- Little known nuances of cost segregation that will help syndicators save money