James Kandassamy, Principal, Achieve Investment Group reveals some expert tips that will help investors vet and zero in on suitable sponsors who are a perfect match for their risk profile.
How can investors get in touch with capable and experienced real estate sponsors? How do you initiate a conversation with reputed syndicators? And, why should you focus on the skillset of a sponsor rather than getting swayed by fancy projections? Towards the end, you will discover how to mitigate risk by diversifying your real estate investments. This show has some great value – especially for those who are yet to break into the syndication business. Tune in now!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces James to listeners
- 01:54 – James explains the dynamics between passive investors and real estate sponsors in syndication
- 03:04 – James espouses on the exuberance in the current real estate market
- 03:46 – Dearth of good educational resources is a challenge that inexperienced syndicators need to overcome
- 05:21 – Can going to meetups help you network with influential and experienced syndicators?
- 07:00 – How to initiate a conversation with experienced syndicators and investors
- 08:38 – How to vet a real estate sponsor
- 09:58 – Passive investors are betting on the skill of a sponsor to generate a respectable ROI
- 10:56 – How to choose the right deal that suits your risk profile
- 11:42 – Comparing a more conservative, cash flow deal to a deep value add or value add deal; which is the right deal for you?
- 12:57 – What deals should you be considering when you are younger and have a greater appetite for risk?
- 14:52 – James urges listeners to work with sponsors whom you are in perfect alignment with
- [spp-timestamp time=”15:33″] – Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February
- 16:55 – What sort of investors does James prefer to work with?
- 18:37 – Diversification across sponsors, markets and asset classes is necessary for risk mitigation in syndication
- 21:35 – James advises listeners to give due importance to a sponsor skillset instead of getting swayed by fancy assumptions
- 23:14 – What is the job of an operator in a syndicated deal?
- 23:58 – Why an optimum financing arrangement is critical for the success of a syndication deal
- 26:08 – What are some of the most exciting things that lay ahead for James and his company?
- 28:35 – James share his contact information
- 29:29 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:53″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Why skills and experience level of a sponsor are the most critical factor that determines the fate of you investment and money
- How to assess your risk profile and choose a deal that is in perfect alignment
- How to diversity across sponsors, markets and investment classes to mitigate risk in real estate syndication