Listen to the podcast here:
Greg Dickerson, Entrepreneur, Real Estate Investor and Developer, Dickerson investments shares how lifelong learning, delegation, and strong work ethic can help you start and scale your real estate business to the next level.
This inspiring talk starts with Greg sharing his background information. How did Greg manage to grow his one-man construction company to a $30 million organization? What challenges did Greg face as he attempted to scale up his organization? And, how did he overcome them? This show reveals some great strategies that can allow you to scale up your real estate business quickly and profitably.
Topics discussed include hiring practices, challenges of real estate development, real estate litigation, finding the right mentors and much, much more. This show is loaded with some great insights. Tune in now!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Greg to listeners
- 01:02 – Greg started out in the restaurant business and worked his way up
- 01:55 – Learn how Greg managed to grow his construction business to a $30 million
- 03:14 – How Greg’s navy background instilled in him a strong work ethic
- 03:30 – Importance of cultivating a lifelong learning mindset
- 04:40 – Greg wants to ensure that his employees and peers can learn from his past mistakes
- 05:25 – Greg’s has some great Book Recommendations on topics such as business, management, and positivity
- 07:53 – The syndication business explained in layman’s terms
- 09:02 – Did Greg rely on outside capital when he started out in the real estate business?
- 09:25 – How does Greg currently structure his syndication deals?
- 09:54 – Challenges of developing a property from ground up
- 11:21 – Greg explains how renovating older buildings can help you unlock significant value and realize handsome gains
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:16″] – Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February
- 13:14 – Greg goes to court as the seller tries to go back on his word; did the court rule in Greg’s favor?
- 16:18 – How iron-clad contracts and thorough document keeping can help you avoid real estate litigation
- 18:49 – How Greg managed to scale his business by building a good team
- 21:58 – Greg starts developing spec houses
- 24:29 – It takes a lifetime of hard work to be an overnight success!
- 25:54 – Greg’s advice for inexperienced investors who wish to transition to the syndication business
- 27:00 – Importance of partnering with experienced and knowledgeable syndicators is the best way to gain traction in your career
- 28:29 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Greg’s success?
- 30:25 – Which developments is Greg most excited about in his business?
- 32:04 – Greg shares his contact information
- 32:41 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”32:50″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How delegating your work to professionals can allow you to scale up your business
- How to partner with experienced investors and syndicators to learn the ropes of the business
- Effective ways of avoiding real estate litigation
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach their Kids About Money that the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- The New One Minute Manager
- Positivity: How To Be Happier, Healthier, Smarter, and More Prosperous
- Greg’s Website
- Greg’s LinkedIn
- Greg’s Email
- Call Greg at 434-326-3903